Dealer Markup List California

I was lucky enough to get mine with no markup, no added bs not even mandatory paint protection etc.

but it took a year and a half to get my allocation...

I visited South County Lexus (Mission Viejo) CA this week. They have 10+ on the lot. $8k over msrp + add on bs. I’m paying cash and offered msrp + tax, doc, license. They came down to $3k over and no dealer add on’s for what it’s worth. Felt really bad for the young sales guy who took a ton of time and let me do a proper test drive. He and his mgr seemed shocked I wouldn’t budge. I calmly explained, Paying anything over msrp would be doing an injustice to the market and buyers who maybe not as fortunate. I asked how they felt about selling their customers into an “upside down” situation? Is this worth it for the extra few $k or would doing fair deals be a better approach for long term loyalty etc… I gave these two young men some interesting things to ponder as my wife and I strolled out. Enjoyed the experience but sadly not able to persuade them to do the deal. Waiting for now.
Inquired about one and they have an $8500 markup on even the Premium trim. They also add $3495 in dealer installed options. They want $85k out the door for a Premium...not even Premium+. Crazy!

Tustin Lexus. No markups and no dealer add ons etc. Ended up below MSRP by $1K.
Are you absolutely about this? I just called and they wanted 10K over. Negotiable to 7K over if they feel generous. I live nearby and have always known Tustin Lexus and their sister store in Newport to charge well over MSRP.

Are you absolutely about this? I just called and they wanted 10K over. Negotiable to 7K over if they feel generous. I live nearby and have always known Tustin Lexus and their sister store in Newport to charge well over MSRP.
I called Tustin when I was looking and they were about $10K over. Ended up buying at Lexus of Westminster for $1500 over which covered the ceramic coating and interior protection on an Atomic Silver/Onyx Overtrail+

I think it might depend on the salesman and manager they’re dealing with. I purchased from Tustin at $1500 over. Mine was an allocation that another customer backed out on so timing could have played a little part of it as well. Let me know if you want my salesman’s info. He was great to work with. Everything was either yes or no, which is how I like it.

I think it might depend on the salesman and manager they’re dealing with. I purchased from Tustin at $1500 over. Mine was an allocation that another customer backed out on so timing could have played a little part of it as well. Let me know if you want my salesman’s info. He was great to work with. Everything was either yes or no, which is how I lSu
Sure, what is his info? Thank you.

Back