Email on GX 550 options but no reply thus far

Two months later and still no replies from Lexus. Is it any wonder that the new GX seems to have QC issues? I'm now considering other options and will begin test driving them next week while awaiting delivery of the GX. If Lexus execs do check this board, well... shame on them for their abject apathy towards their customers.

Two months later and still no replies from Lexus. Is it any wonder that the new GX seems to have QC issues? I'm now considering other options and will begin test driving them next week while awaiting delivery of the GX. If Lexus execs do check this board, well... shame on them for their abject apathy towards their customers.
You stick with your "if I randomly email an "executive" at a company with $275 billion in annual revenue, I deserve a a reply" schtick. And you think their "execs" follow this board?

One of the oddest auto forum threads ever, and that's saying something.

Last edited:
You stick with your "if I randomly email an "executive" at a company with $275 billion in annual revenue, I deserve a a reply" schtick. And you think their "execs" follow this board?

One of the oddest auto forum threads ever, and that's saying something.
I've emailed many an exec and have always received a reply so the only odd part is that you seem to believe I don't deserve a reply. I'm a former C.O.O. of a large tech company and believe me, when a customer or potential customer took the time to find me, they would always get a reply and this is the 1st time ever when no one took the time or cared to reply.

Sent this in to 2 execs and have not heard back. Still buying an Overtrail plus but for a company that opines the relentless pursuit of perfection, there certainly is some room with this launch...

Stephen,

I'm writing to give you some feedback on the new 2024 Lexus GX 550 Overtrail plus which I've ordered but have not yet received. First as you already know, this is a benchmark car for Lexus that has brought me back into the Lexus fold. My wife and I used to only buy Lexus vehicles but a bad experience 16 years ago had us buying BMW's, Audi's and other luxury brands. I've been following the release of this vehicle for more than a year and now that I've seen it I have some feedback that you've probably already heard and yes... I'm nitpicking a near perfect vehicle!

1. Overtrail plus should allow for the same options as Luxury plus. That I can't get a camera rear view mirror in an 85k SUV in this day in age is mystifying.
2. For 2 row Overtrail models the back seat should be able to recline further as well as slide back & forth giving the 2nd row much more available space and thus more appealing.
3. Where is the level2+ feature? Once you have this it's hard to go back to driving hiways without it! Part 2 of this; will Lexus be able to add this feature via software update to 2024 GX's?
4. On Lexus website, there needs to be an option to configure and order the car you want delivered to the dealer of your choice or to your home. My last BMW allowed me to do just that and I had a new car customized to my specs delivered within 90 days.
5. The press had not been properly educated on the Electronic Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System (E-KDSS) with roll bars that electronically disengage when off-roading but are engaged on pavement thus providing better cornering and far less body roll. Many reviewers have stated the roll is excessive but they were not driving Overtrail models. Perhaps best to have E-KDSS as standard on all trims because I'd guess that 80% of the use or more will be on roads. Could also provide testers with both Overtrail and any other trim level so they could see how much better Overtrail is both on and off road.

Congratulations on an outstanding new launch and looking forward to soon owning my GX 550.
Excellent email and raised questions that most of us had in mind especially the absence of a rear view camera and no adjustable forward movement second row seats.
I would have also included the smaller sized fuel tank

Excellent email and raised questions that most of us had in mind especially the absence of a rear view camera and no adjustable forward movement second row seats.
I would have also included the smaller sized fuel tank
Good point on the fuel tank size. I hadn't seen the specs until after the email was sent but certainly, a large SUV that averages about 16 mpg should have had at minimum, a 25 gallon tank. As all the final specs/reviews have come out I have to wonder if Lexus now wishes they would have optimized the V8 vs. the turbo six. We still don't know if they will be in the engine recall.

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 6 75.0%
Back