🛠️ Member Build GX 550 Front Winch Bumper options

�Member Build

SethGX

May 31, 2024
Media
Indianapolis
Hey everyone, I am currently aware of two front winch bumper options for the GX550.

The first one that came out was from Victory 4x4 and can be seen here: GX Front Bumper | Blitz | 550 (24+) - Victory 4x4

The second is from JW Offroad and can be seen here: GX550 LOW CUT FRONT WINCH BUMPER.

I contacted NYTOP because they have a nice looking bumper render without a winch to ask if they would have a winch version and they said... maybe, but no plans yet.

If you know of other bumpers or if you get one of these, we would like to hear your experience with getting it installed and how you like it.

Damn...that JW bumper looks perfect! I hadn't seen that one yet.

CBI Offroad has a really nice front winch bumper prototype with plans to have it available "soon". Let me see if I can find the facebook photo....

I like that the JW bumper has openings to reach in and free spool the winch, or even plug in a cable if you have a wired remote. What I'm not sure about is what it looks like behind the bumper and in front of the wheel wells. Seems like it might just be open. Victory seems to have a slotted plate to cover that area. But I agree, the JW version looks so good.

I like that the JW bumper has openings to reach in and free spool the winch, or even plug in a cable if you have a wired remote. What I'm not sure about is what it looks like behind the bumper and in front of the wheel wells. Seems like it might just be open. Victory seems to have a slotted plate to cover that area. But I agree, the JW version looks so good.
Nice low profile option, here in Aus we need a bar to protect kangaroo strikes which has winch options just don’t want to detract from the front grille profile, was hoping NYTOP might come up with a good solution otherwise will have to wait for ARB or TJM to design one.

I've emailed JW twice with a few basic questions about their bumper....no response. I'm kind of hesitant to order one if there's no communication.
I would agree, if they don’t have the decency to respond when they don’t have your money then they likely won’t respond if they do have your money! 😀

Back