GX Overtrail+ not having Second Row Climate Controls and Digital Rear View Mirror at that price

carmin-45

Jul 27, 2024
san fransisco
I don't know why Lexus has decided to not add second row climate controls and digital rear view mirror in Overtrail+ trim when this is available in Luxury trim. Even its cousin Land Cruiser has it. I hope Lexus fixes this soon and starts providing this as an option. Hopefullt, the new Hyvrid version will have these features in Overtrail+ trim.

Do we know if the gx OT+ is prewired for camera? I would imagine they share wiring harnesses of the other trims and lc250.
I'm thinking/hoping it is, but I don't know for sure yet. The Wolfbox system doesn't use a 16 pin connector though (I don't think), so maybe it doesn't matter. I may go with a different option, but haven't done enough research yet.

Are you able to control the rear A/C independently of the front? I’m not seeing the Front/Rear selection in my A/C controls.

I have a digital rear view mirror in my jeep. I am kind of 50/50 on it. When I drive in the snow and mud it is constantly covered over with crap so it doesn’t work, and I have to try and use the washer fluid to clean it off. Also my old eyes make the picture somewhat blurry trying to focus on it. It is nice if the truck is loaded though.

I don't know why Lexus has decided to not add second row climate controls and digital rear view mirror in Overtrail+ trim when this is available in Luxury trim. Even its cousin Land Cruiser has it. I hope Lexus fixes this soon and starts providing this as an option. Hopefullt, the new Hyvrid version will have these features in Overtrail+ trim.
Welcome to the forum.

I'm thinking/hoping it is, but I don't know for sure yet. The Wolfbox system doesn't use a 16 pin connector though (I don't think), so maybe it doesn't matter. I may go with a different option, but haven't done enough research yet.
I came across this which might help with the installation. It looks like it has several adapters.

If the Overtrail+ had a 3rd climate zone for the rear, rear roof a/c vents, and a digital camera rear-view mirror then I'd get the Overtrail+ instead of the Overtrail. But as it stands I'm on a waiting list for an Overtrail.

If the Overtrail+ had a 3rd climate zone for the rear, rear roof a/c vents, and a digital camera rear-view mirror then I'd get the Overtrail+ instead of the Overtrail. But as it stands I'm on a waiting list for an Overtrail.
Exactly. The Overtrail+ should have had more options to configure. Just for off-road Overtrail is more than enough.

Reactions: JPE
I agree. I don't have an OT+, but I do have a Premium+ and would have optioned a digital mirror if I could have. A Kia/Hyundai has this feature for $30K less. They throw HUD on every unit, but don't give any option for a Digital Rearview Mirror. Strange.

I was told by my salesperson that last time they had a vehicle come in like the GX550 the next model year didn't come until late spring. Take it from where it comes

I thought all these features were available on the LC. I mean not every trim can have everything, but I’d expect by the time you get to an OT+ you don’t want to choose between luxury or off-road features, the expectation is luxury and off-road features.

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Comfort

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Normal

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)