GX550 30 Day Stop Sale?

Are your dealerships allowing you to waive dealer options like tint, paint protection, etc.?
For me it didn’t happen that way,but after talking to a bunch of people I decided to go and get ceramic coating, I should be picking up my GX tomorrow ,the dealership was wonderful no complaints getting it done by a family owned detailing shop who does excellent work trying to keep businesses locally

For me it didn’t happen that way,but after talking to a bunch of people I decided to go and get ceramic coating, I should be picking up my GX tomorrow ,the dealership was wonderful no complaints getting it done by a family owned detailing shop who does excellent work trying to keep businesses locally
Congratulations!

Welp. Just told by Salesman that his manager said ours is now not expected at the dealership until 8/7.🤬😤

He was then told by me that we no longer want that vehicle.

We’re not spending this kind of money on a vehicle that’s been sitting in the sun by the ocean for over 4 months without a single attempt at an explanation as to why by Lexus.
This is not on my salesman or the dealership. It’s on Lexus for keeping them in the dark too.

I’m sure someone will be happy to get a call that one is now available but I’ll sleep better moving on to the next White or Incognito OT that’s available.

It’s still the vehicle we want, and at this point waiting a little longer to get a post-hold build is worth it to us.
Talked to the salesman and looks like our "OG-OT" (original allocation OT) is on the train and officially at least in Texas. It will be there before any of the 'make up allocations’ with an ETA at dealership 7/20 to 7/23. (7/20 is wife's bday- and its her vehicle 🤞)

So, now we just need to check it out, try to get some answers and decide if we want the one that sat at port, or if she wants to wait another 3-4 weeks at least. I'm guessing as soon as she see's it I'll be stroking out the check. And that's fine, it's hers, she's been without a car for 2 months, and well we all know how the saying goes...

Last edited:
Talked to the salesman and looks like our "OG-OT" (original allocation OT) is on the train and officially at least in Texas. It will be there before any of the 'make up allocations with an ETA at dealership 7/20 to 7/23. (7/20 is wife's bday- and her its her vehicle 🤞)

So, now we just need to check it out, try to get some answers and decide if we want the one that sat at port, or if she wants to wait another 3-4 weeks at least. I'm guessing as soon as she see's it I'll be stroking out the check. And that's fine, it's hers, she's been without a car for 2 months, and well we all know how the saying goes...
Well wish your wife happy birthday and super happy your OT is on it’s way your going to love it

Hi all - after a long wait, I finally picked up my Nebula Gray Premium today in Naples.

First impressions are incredible: smooth ride, responsive throttle, drives smaller than it looks, and turns heads. I had someone stop me after parking at dinner to ask about it.

Sharing some details below that might help others, some of which I’ve seen on the forum and some that I haven’t…

Dealer markup: I declined all “add on” options except tint and ceramic coating, as the tint was within the realm of what I’d pay elsewhere and the ceramic coating has a 60 month ‘warrantee’ that gives me peace of mind on accidental tears or paint damage.

The roof rack, black emblem overlays, cargo net, and 1-2 other items which were included in the PA, were supposed to be installed at the port, but were not due to shortages. So, good news for others who may have certain things on the PA that they don’t want, there’s a good chance it’s delivered without. I have a handshake agreement to install black emblem overlays once they’re in free of charge.

I debated between financing and leasing as I tend to swap cars every 3 years. Ultimately, getting 5.7% finance rate from BoA vs 7.8% APR to lease through Lexus swayed me to finance. They were offering 65% residual on the lease though, which was higher than I expected.

I plan to powder coat the rims black next week and figure out my best route to beef up the sound system. Excited to see what other mods are shared here.

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_3421.jpeg
    IMG_3421.jpeg
    209 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_3416.jpeg
    IMG_3416.jpeg
    159.9 KB · Views: 131
Well wish your wife happy birthday and super happy your OT is on it’s way your going to love it
So my fellow GX’ERS this is what OT+ looks like with prinsu rr rigid 40” spot/flood lightbar looks,one negative there’s only one spot for the light switch when you close the door it’s hidden by the door reason being air bags so once on switch has to be in neutral any other position it will turn off

Attachments

• IMG_2479.jpeg
    IMG_2479.jpeg
    273 KB · Views: 157
Not sure if this is normal or related to the hold, but since I have my VIN (waiting on delivery and stuck in 30 day hold) I plugged it into the Lexus app and it showed a Vehicle Stability Control fault. Anyone else seen this or have any insight?
TexLex, did you ever figure out what that error was from, have you gotten your GX yet to check it? I just looked on the app today and saw the same error message for my OT+ that reached Jax port last weekend (delivery should be in the next week or so). Has anyone else had that message appear on the Lexus app and since taken delivery? Just curious if I should be worried or if it's nothing.

apologies, I was out of town for the week. Yes westside. Dealer texted me that the car is now in texas and should arrive at dealership this week.
Must be on the same train as ours. (Try not to focus on the build date and the "vesel arrival at port date")

Attachments

• GX 7-22 uptdate.jpg
    GX 7-22 uptdate.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 124
Pickup my OT+ yesterday (incognito over black). Definitely a head turner. It was at Long Beach for approx. 4 weeks but once it got released, it was here fast. There were 5 other GX550 ready for pick up in the delivery bays yesterday at west side lexus in Houston.

Pros - love the seating position and visibility, head room is great. Seats are comfy and space is good for my family of 3. Love the trunk space. Incognito is gorgeous. Remote start, brightness of heads up display and massage seats are good.

Cons - (for me...relative coming from an x7). The MPG thus far is terrible and I am sure that will change over time and trips. There is some lag when accelerating but I am not trying to push it too fast just yet. The ride is not as smooth and controlled as the x7 (which had both air suspension and rear wheel steering).. I have owned LC200's and LC100 and FJ so I know the BOF will take some adjusting.

Best of luck out there.

Attachments

• IMG_4103.jpg
    IMG_4103.jpg
    343.2 KB · Views: 69

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Comfort

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Normal

Votes: 8 53.3%