GX550 30 Day Stop Sale?

Test drove a premium yesterday and my dealer showed my on his computer that my OT+ is in Japan either on the boat or at the port and they don't know exactly if this is QC or just have not been updated. Hope to know more in 2 / 3 weeks.
They do know within a couple days after it was shipped. Check about a week after itā€™s on the water for your hold status.

I've talked to a couple of dealers - they had not heard of any 'hold/pause' in production or repairs
Anything that has been posted on this site never said anything on hold /pause in production but cars that were delivered and 30 day QC on cars in ports estimated at least 1400 one or two post said some cars went to be detailed I certainly canā€™t verify but someone knows why my GX and others are on hold in ports

Anything that has been posted on this site never said anything on hold /pause in production but cars that were delivered and 30 day QC on cars in ports estimated at least 1400 one or two post said some cars went to be detailed I certainly canā€™t verify but someone knows why my GX and others are on hold in ports
I did not categorize it correctly - 30 day hold is what I was referencing to - again, dealers at least in CA - the couple I spoke with had not heard that. I would not surprise me that the ports and configuration 3rd party companies are backed up right now given the demand for vehicles.

Hope you get yours soon!

I did not categorize it correctly - 30 day hold is what I was referencing to - again, dealers at least in CA - the couple I spoke with had not heard that. I would not surprise me that the ports and configuration 3rd party companies are backed up right now given the demand for vehicles.

Hope you get yours soon!
Me too but someone knows something there should be some transparency for the people who got GX delivered,put a deposit etc. etc .

Mine was put on QC hold approx 3 days after leaving Japan. Mine is still on the water and has not arrived US port and has not been delivered. I originally had end of June delivery. Now I have a QC hold with ā€œNO ETA.ā€ Iā€™ve seen this for myself on my dealers computer.

Mine was put on QC hold approx 3 days after leaving Japan. Mine is still on the water and has not arrived US port and has not been delivered. I originally had end of June delivery. Now I have a QC hold with ā€œNO ETA.ā€ Iā€™ve seen this for myself on my dealers computer.
I hope itā€™s enjoying the cruise mine QC IN THE PORT THEY HAVE SOLD SOME AS THIS FORUM HASshown people with theirs pictures with their new ride there is still a lot of interest in the GX they should be more transparent to and concerns

Lexus being tight lipped is probably nothing new. Toyota has been tight lipped for years. Both GX and Land Cruiser forum customers are griping about not knowing what the QC hold is about, but the new Tacoma launch had a similar month long QC delay after months and months of delayed release. And everyone on the Tacoma forums were griping about not knowing what the QC issue was.
I guess my question is - Is everyone concerned that Lexus/Toyota WON'T take care of its customers, including those that already took delivery, if an issue arises? And arent most of you glad Lexus/Toyota tries to get ahead of whatever issue? It amazes me the sheer numbers of folks who have to be some of the first to get ahold of a new model, then gripe about hiccups in the process or build of those very first ones. For decades, the folks who could wait till year 2 were usually getting vehicles with all the minor bugs worked out. Patience, grasshopper(s). šŸ˜

Last edited:
Lexus being tight lipped is probably nothing new. Toyota has been tight lipped for years. Both GX and Land Cruiser forum customers are griping about not knowing what the QC hold is about, but the new Tacoma launch had a similar month long QC delay after months and months of delayed release. And everyone on the Tacoma forums were griping about not knowing what the QC issue was.
I guess my question is - Is everyone concerned that Lexus/Toyota WON'T take care of its customers, including those that already took delivery, if an issue arises? And arent most of you glad Lexus/Toyota tries to get ahead of whatever issue? It amazes me the sheer numbers of folks who have to be some of the first to get ahold of a new model, then gripe about hiccups in the process or build of those very fist ones. For decades, the folks who could wait till year 2 were usually getting vehicles with all the minor bugs worked out. Patience, grasshopper(s). šŸ˜
Just got word from my salesman the port of NJ will be releasing some of the cars on 30 day QC soon where my GXis in that fit better chance to see GOD HOPE all ports are going to start moving soon also good luck to all

Just got word from my salesman the port of NJ will be releasing some of the cars on 30 day QC soon where my GXis in that fit better chance to see GOD HOPE all ports are going to start moving soon also good luck to all
Hopefully that is true. Next update is supposed to be noon on Friday.

I guess my question is - Is everyone concerned that Lexus/Toyota WON'T take care of its customers, including those that already took delivery, if an issue arises? And arent most of you glad Lexus/Toyota tries to get ahead of whatever issue? It amazes me the sheer numbers of folks who have to be some of the first to get ahold of a new model, then gripe about hiccups in the process or build of those very fist ones. For decades, the folks who could wait till year 2 were usually getting vehicles with all the minor bugs worked out. Patience, grasshopper(s). šŸ˜
I hear you. But the real concern (mine anyway) isn't flapping paint protection film or the sunroof, it's the bearing issue. Super low mileage engine failure isn't a "minor bug" ;)

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Comfort

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Normal

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)