GX550 30 Day Stop Sale?

That’s the app that asks for both a VIN and a code.

Not sure if this is normal or related to the hold, but since I have my VIN (waiting on delivery and stuck in 30 day hold) I plugged it into the Lexus app and it showed a Vehicle Stability Control fault. Anyone else seen this or have any insight?
That’s weird, I tried my VIN and I had to enter the 8 digit code or scan QRcode. How did you get this to work?

Last edited:
Reached out to my dealership today and asking for any update or if he knew if it was all GX's on hold or just certain trims and options. His response was "It's been a number of GX's, nothing specific. It's a field inspection (FI means Field, not final inspection)and that's all they are telling us right now".

He also text me a pic of his screen showing 3 premiums, and 7 premium+'s in "FI" status. Interestingly it also has 2 RX350's also in FI status at the top of the screen. Guessing there are a bunch more GX's on the list in other trims as in the filters at the top of what I can see of his screen in the pic it says "45 Vehicles" with the filters he has selected being "NON-FLEET" and "FI".

Wonder what the RX350 could possilby share with the GX550? At least the RX's have the 1.4L turbo so my wishful thinking hopes that means it's not an engine issue putting these vehicles on hold...

Looks like I am bumping back our tint/ceramic appointment regardless.
Interesting. My sales person said FI was “Final Inspection” and sure of it.

It’s weird to see all these kinks in the system that I didn’t know existed.

Interesting. My sales person said FI was “Final Inspection” and sure of it.

It’s weird to see all these kinks in the system that I didn’t know existed.
Field inspection of final inspection it’s basically the same thing if it’s in the port and they’re going over it technically it’s in the field and if they’re looking at it to ship it out of the port, you could also be the family inspection. It’s basically the same thing.

Joining the club. -_-

Priority of Newport News just called to tell me that my allocated OT+ Incognito with sunroof is on hold along with ~6 others. On the boat still. Delivery was expected mid to late June. No new date provided.

Adding to the rumor mill. This could be a contributing factor.

Joining the club. -_-

Priority of Newport News just called to tell me that my allocated OT+ Incognito with sunroof is on hold along with ~6 others. On the boat still. Delivery was expected mid to late June. No new date provided.

Sorry to hear about your allocation. Now I'm wondering if ours is on the same boat (literally and figuratively). Our OT+ is due to arrive mid to late June as well. But getting any information out of our dealer has been an exercise in futility.

Regarding the news about the certification - I don't think that has anything to do with the GX holds. It appears the Toyota group has their own internal testing and certification standards that are more strict than the required ones, and they were letting things slip by unnoticed. But it was not causing any safety issues in the real world. So it's kind of a nothing burger (I hope).

Joining the club. -_-

My OT+ is supposed to arrive end of June / Early July in and being held either at port or on the boat as well as of last weekend.

No mention of the GX550 in that apology letter.

Seen a couple people on Facebook now say their GX's that are just now arriving or on their way from Japan are receiving 56-day holds.

Mine still on 30-day hold with starting point of 5/17 as far as I know.
This is day 15 of 30day QC still no answers why Toyota /LEXUS SAID THEY WOULD give us update on Fridays being in the dark is not good business sense,I would love at least a candle(lit) in this deep darkness

Just heard there is an extension on the “hold” for a total of approx 60 days. No clarification or any specifics other than the comment… I will be one of the few new GX’s on the road.
I hope there is a quick solution for those waiting! I enjoy driving my GX… it is a huge improvement over the last model.

Last edited:
Just heard there is an extension on the “hold” for a total of approx 60 days. No clarification or any specifics other than the comment… I will be one of the few new GX’s on the road.
I hope there is a quick solution for those waiting! I enjoy driving my GX… it is a huge improvement over the last model.

Yes some new ones coming in now appear to be getting a 56-day hold. My guess is same issue but they haven't finished the 30 day holds yet so that's putting the latest arrivals even further behind delivery schedule.

Yes some new ones coming in now appear to be getting a 56-day hold. My guess is same issue but they haven't finished the 30 day holds yet so that's putting the latest arrivals even further behind delivery schedule.
My manufactures date is 04/2024 so it is conerning that the date is well after the date listed on the Lexus recall notice and new GX's are still being put on hold without an explanation.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I wonder if this has anything to do with the massive Toyota recall of the Tundras and LX600 engines…

My GX allocation arrived in port 5/17 and is subject to the hold as well. Past 48 hours they released a “stop sell” order on tundras/ LX’s to any dealer that had vin’s on the lot within the affected range.

If it is related, they don’t want a bunch of GX’s going out that are just gonna add to the pile of their current problems.

The timing of all this could just be a coincidence. I just wish they would communicate, because leaving me in the dark inly does one thing, which is give me doubt…

Last edited:

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Comfort

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Normal

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 1 6.7%