GX550 30 Day Stop Sale?

Curious to know how it plays out for you.​

I caught mine in transit from the factory. If I had not asked questions about the options, then I’d never known. Once the port option was installed, it stayed. I’ve got a revised build w/ VIN and those items are removed.

Butler Lexus in Macon has been great every step of the way.

Last edited:
It's interesting your Dealer worked with you on the port installed options - I was told by my Rep that they don't have any control over those options until they assume possession at the Dealer. Curious to know how it plays out for you.
The dealer we have been working with, indicated they can control port options and will only put on what we agree to. (Same for dealer options.)

The dealer we have been working with, indicated they can control port options and will only put on what we agree to. (Same for dealer options.)
I’m envious of these good dealers. Will be done with my local after this transaction. They’ve been polite, but:

-$2,050 in mandatory tint and ceramic (more expensive and lower quality than outside the dealer).
-bought an LX in May. They had exactly the one I wanted but wouldn’t budge a penny. I drove 9 hours and saved $7k off sticker with no add-ons. 6 weeks later, it is still sitting on the lot along with 5 more unsold LXs.
-I went to get an oil filter for the LX. They tried charging me 50% above MSRP. When I argued, they dropped the price. I shouldn’t have to haggle down to MSRP with the parts department.

They pride themselves in being a small family owned dealer but make no effort to establish lasting long-term relationships. They need competition.

I’m envious of these good dealers. Will be done with my local after this transaction. They’ve been polite, but:

-$2,050 in mandatory tint and ceramic (more expensive and lower quality than outside the dealer).
-bought an LX in May. They had exactly the one I wanted but wouldn’t budge a penny. I drove 9 hours and saved $7k off sticker with no add-ons. 6 weeks later, it is still sitting on the lot along with 5 more unsold LXs.
-I went to get an oil filter for the LX. They tried charging me 50% above MSRP. When I argued, they dropped the price. I shouldn’t have to haggle down to MSRP with the parts department.

They pride themselves in being a small family owned dealer but make no effort to establish lasting long-term relationships. They need competition.
They seem like a high margin low volume dealership which I have learned is best avoided if possible. The benefit is they often have inventory on hand but if you find a high volume, low margin shop and have the time to wait, the experience is much better and lower cost. We bought a RAV4 Prime at the height of the pandemic from Longo which does more volume for Toyota than anyone in the country. Such an easy process all at MSRP.

Lexus of Colorado Springs who we are using for this purchase has been thus far been great. They do KBB good for trade-ins. No add ons or mark ups. Minimal document fee. The issue is they have a 6ish month waitlist and seem to give preference to local buyers. But that all works for us.

We just bought an EV. I may not be a Tesla fan but I love the pressure they put on dealerships to be better. The only 'old school' dealer out of six we dealt with was Audi on that purchase.

Finally I gone mine !
IMG_5627.jpeg

Well- my GX came in! BUT- while the technicians were inspecting the QC hold for the sunroof they forgot to put my roof rail cap back on.

Gotta love it. What's another 3-5 days to wait for a part?

Attachments

• IMG_0374.jpeg
    IMG_0374.jpeg
    220.1 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0364.jpeg
    IMG_0364.jpeg
    500 KB · Views: 109

Curious to know how it plays out for you.​

I caught mine in transit from the factory. If I had not asked questions about the options, then I’d never known. Once the port option was installed, it stayed. I’ve got a revised build w/ VIN and those items are removed.

Butler Lexus in Macon has been great every step of the way.
Did your Vin number change when you deleted the port installed options?

I'm confused on my allocation. My dealer sent me a PDF of a build that we accepted. Then we requested to remove the door protectors at the port, which the dealer submitted. Does this mean our vin updated?

I'm confused on my allocation. My dealer sent me a PDF of a build that we accepted. Then we requested to remove the door protectors at the port, which the dealer submitted. Does this mean our vin updated?
My understanding: VIN would stay the same, but would get an updated window sticker.

Yes, mine did change. I questioned my sales guy when I got the revised final and was comparing the original build to what I'd specified. Perhaps the final VIN reflects the port of entry, I dunno.

Oh, I didn't mention, my guy texted this morning and I can pick up my GX either tomorrow afternoon or Wed morning. It's arriving on the first truck tomorrow morning. I told him as soon as they put the big red bow on it to call me. I live 2 miles away.

Yes, mine did change. I questioned my sales guy when I got the revised final and was comparing the original build to what I'd specified. Perhaps the final VIN reflects the port of entry, I dunno.

Oh, I didn't mention, my guy texted this morning and I can pick up my GX either tomorrow afternoon or Wed morning. It's arriving on the first truck tomorrow morning. I told him as soon as they put the big red bow on it to call me. I live 2 miles away.
Ah. Yes, before it is built there is a temporary VIN. The dealers get their allocations 1-2 weeks before the build date. Once built, the VIN is static. Congrats on it arriving!

Good info. I only noticed the vin thing when I was checking out my dealers site for incoming GXs and I saw one that’s the exact same spec as mine, every single option, but the Vin was different from my build sheet. What are the odds of that? So glad to know the vin does actually change.

I’m with you, “call me when the big red bow is on it” lol

To all my fellow GX’ERS PICK UP MY OT+ today incognito prinsu rest with rigid 40” spot/flood it’s orgasmic hope everyone who is waiting hope it will be soon enormously happy
Hey 1 due, did you order the prinsu via your dealer and did the dealer install it? Did you get anything else that the dealer installed? Thanks.

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 6 75.0%
Back