GX550 30 Day Stop Sale?

Pickup my OT+ yesterday (incognito over black). Definitely a head turner. It was at Long Beach for approx. 4 weeks but once it got released, it was here fast. There were 5 other GX550 ready for pick up in the delivery bays yesterday at west side lexus in Houston.

Pros - love the seating position and visibility, head room is great. Seats are comfy and space is good for my family of 3. Love the trunk space. Incognito is gorgeous. Remote start, brightness of heads up display and massage seats are good.

Cons - (for me...relative coming from an x7). The MPG thus far is terrible and I am sure that will change over time and trips. There is some lag when accelerating but I am not trying to push it too fast just yet. The ride is not as smooth and controlled as the x7 (which had both air suspension and rear wheel steering).. I have owned LC200's and LC100 and FJ so I know the BOF will take some adjusting.

Best of luck out there.
Congrats on the delivery of your GX.

Finally.

But man, it may have actually been worth the wait! Exceeding expectations already in comfort, handling, ride, and tech.

Not sure she’ll let me drive it much, but her smile is worth every penny.

Today is a good day

Attachments

• IMG_7390.jpeg
    IMG_7390.jpeg
    265.6 KB · Views: 126
Mine was built 4/19 and finally got to dealership today. It has to be prepped so pickup prob Saturday.

I saw this prior somewhere but don’t want to go digging. Besides paint damage on hood and possible vibrating issues. What other issues should i be looking out for on test drive before I sign papers?

Attachments

• IMG_1565.jpeg
    IMG_1565.jpeg
    236.8 KB · Views: 118
Mine was built 4/19 and finally got to dealership today. It has to be prepped so pickup prob Saturday.

I saw this prior somewhere but don’t want to go digging. Besides paint damage on hood and possible vibrating issues. What other issues should i be looking out for on test drive before I sign papers?
Good luck tomorrow getting your GX.

Why is this still being propagated as an implied issue the GX? There is absolutely no evidence from anyone there’s a problem with the current engines.
I think because Lexus/Toyota has not come out with a Black & White GX550 V35A statement. (Or maybe I just missed it)

I think because Lexus/Toyota has not come out with a Black & White GX550 V35A statement. (Or maybe I just missed it)
I vaguely recall that they did put out a statement on the estimated date ranges that if engines were produced in that time frame that they would be affected. The Gx550s should be well after that range.

According to the Car Care Nut, toyota/lexus “quietly” discontinued parts related to the main bearing that is failing in most of the engines as of April 2024. GX 550 production started shortly after, so 550 engines should have the new part. Watch video below. Engine parts starts at 15:00 min mark

Last edited:
According to the Car Care Nut, toyota/lexus “quietly” discontinued parts related to the main bearing that is failing in most of the engines as of April 2024. GX 550 production started shortly after, so 550 engines should have the new part. Watch video below. Engine parts starts at 15:00 min mark

Thank you very much.

Since we finally got our OT less than 2 weeks ago after it sitting at port for 3+ months I have received 3 calls now from another dealership here in Houston that had an OT available that someone backed out of.

If anyone knows anyone looking call Westside Lexus in Houston. They had 2 White OT’s (1-OT, 1-OT+) available around noon today. No markup, but may have add ons.

What if the make date is prior to April 2024? In March 2024.

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 10 66.7%
Back