🛠️ Member Build It begins (and probably ends)

�Member Build

jreifler

Aug 2, 2024
Media
Memphis
Method wheels installed today. Exactly what it needed. 17 x 8.5 / 35. 285/70 Toyo ATIII. No lift. No rub. It’s maybe 2mm away from inner rub in the front, and might rub under heavy compression, but not under normal road use.

Probably not going overboard on mods, but will add roof rack, and a front bumper / winch combo at some point.
IMG_3172.jpeg

Are those stock tires with new rims? or did you go to 35" Can't tell from the picture. Also did you get the lift. I think it looks great. I have the same GX (Incognito).

Are those stock tires with new rims? or did you go to 35" Can't tell from the picture. Also did you get the lift. I think it looks great. I have the same GX (Incognito).
They’re the same as stock - Toyo Open Country ATIII, but they’re 285/70/17. Not 35”. Closer to a true 33. No lift either. Mine is Atomic Silver, but Incognito looks great too !

I literally have the exact same setup, except I put the Nitto TRG’s on. I noticed the same vibration before with the stock wheels and tires, and the same now. I’m thinking it’s maybe suspension related, have you noticed anything concerning? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0077.jpeg
    IMG_0077.jpeg
    592.3 KB · Views: 138
Man....these Atomic Silvers look good. Atomic was my first choice color but a white Overtrail with no moon roof came available early so I jumped on it.

I literally have the exact same setup, except I put the Nitto TRG’s on. I noticed the same vibration before with the stock wheels and tires, and the same now. I’m thinking it’s maybe suspension related, have you noticed anything concerning? Thanks
Ride quality is the same after wheel / tire install. I went with the Toyos for that reason - hoping the same OE tire would give the same ride quality.

Method wheels installed today. Exactly what it needed. 17 x 8.5 / 35. 285/70 Toyo ATIII. No lift. No rub. It’s maybe 2mm away from inner rub in the front, and might rub under heavy compression, but not under normal road use.

Probably not going overboard on mods, but will add roof rack, and a front bumper / winch combo at some point. View attachment 2204
I have the roof rack for sale 600$ but you would have to pay shipping.

Supposed to get my Nori Green OT+ next week. I am looking at a similar setup with 285/70/17 probably BFG AT. I am wondering some TRD 4runner wheels might work and perhaps I can swap the Lexus center caps. Just not sure about offset. Link to the 4runner wheels. Anybody have any insight on that route??

Supposed to get my Nori Green OT+ next week. I am looking at a similar setup with 285/70/17 probably BFG AT. I am wondering some TRD 4runner wheels might work and perhaps I can swap the Lexus center caps. Just not sure about offset. Link to the 4runner wheels. Anybody have any insight on that route??
I did those on my Gen 4 Runner. They were better but you should check the offsets. You’ll want some positive offset. But can prob get a little more width using spacers.

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Comfort

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Normal

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)