Lexus GX550 Center Console Divider

That is the non-cool box. The non-cool box is quite a bit bigger than the cool box, so you're loosing a decent bit of storage to have 2 or 3 ice cold drinks on-hand at all times.

That is the non-cool box. The non-cool box is quite a bit bigger than the cool box, so you're loosing a decent bit of storage to have 2 or 3 ice cold drinks on-hand at all times.

Ahh I see. I guess it depends on your use case. For some people that sacrifice might be worth it. Probably not for me though!

Yeah, we have no real use for the cool box, not even on road trips. For us, the extra center console storage space is more important, since we always take at least a small cooler for non-drink items anyway, and oftentimes a big cooler to bring back specialty items we find on our trips. At some point in the very near future, I may actually pick up a plug-in cooler for the cargo area so we can stop having to deal with ice or ice packs.

Thanks for link on organizer. Still waiting for GX delivery but already don't like the cool box. Sucked up good console space.

The allocation I am waiting on has a cool box and I’ve been looking for how to make it more functional for when I’m not planning to use it (which will be most of the time) and I found a similar console tray that looks like it might end up working for the cool box folks. I’m thinking this is easy to pull out and stow along with some small bags to hold lose items beneath, before trips where I am planning to use the cool box.

I didn’t want the coolbox but not enough to pass on the allocation which has everything else I want to a T.

The allocation I am waiting on has a cool box and I’ve been looking for how to make it more functional for when I’m not planning to use it (which will be most of the time) and I found a similar console tray that looks like it might end up working for the cool box folks. I’m thinking this is easy to pull out and stow along with some small bags to hold lose items beneath, before trips where I am planning to use the cool box.

I didn’t want the coolbox but not enough to pass on the allocation which has everything else I want to a T.

The cool box isn’t that shape…

Ah man, I must have compared it to the wrong image. Is the cool box in the 460’s the same size and shape as what the 550’s have?

Attachments

• IMG_1351.jpeg
    IMG_1351.jpeg
    190.8 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1350.jpeg
    IMG_1350.jpeg
    213.8 KB · Views: 64
A lot of people complaining about the cool box, how much space are you actually losing with it? Also you can turn it off and use it as if it was never there…. Maybe a 1/2 inch lost on all sides? A lot of complaining about nothing

you would think Lexus a $80K ish vehicle could include one of those little plastic inserts..
I'm not sure I've seen a vehicle at any price point completely satisfy their buyer, people will always find a little something they wish was different and think the manufacturer should have done. If you can't buck up for a $20 piece of plastic to increase your storage, maybe you need to look at something different

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Comfort

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Normal

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)