ML System No Rear Bass Speaker

Caiya

Jun 20, 2024
Media
San Jose
I purchased the gx550 Overtrail plus with ML system in it. The first impression of the ML system is not worth the 1000+ price. My previous car was a Volvo xc60 with B&W speaker, it sounded absolutely amazing, but this ML is just so so. After driving for 4000 miles and I realized there’s no bass sound at the back. I also found the video other people taking the rear door panel off and this is what the bass speaker looks like. Lexus come on.

Attachments

• IMG_8902.jpeg
    IMG_8902.jpeg
    68.6 KB · Views: 185
I purchased the gx550 Overtrail plus with ML system in it. The first impression of the ML system is not worth the 1000+ price. My previous car was a Volvo xc60 with B&W speaker, it sounded absolutely amazing, but this ML is just so so. After driving for 4000 miles and I realized there’s no bass sound at the back. I also found the video other people taking the rear door panel off and this is what the bass speaker looks like. Lexus come on.
What is that? It’s a speaker?

Interesting. How are you testing this? I might want to have a look as well

I listened to the front and rear bottom set of speakers. I also faded the sound from front to rear.

Update from dealership.
They removed the rear door panels and showed me the "dummy" speakers and said that all ML's were like this. The speaker map another forum member posted indicates otherwise.

I listened to the front and rear bottom set of speakers. I also faded the sound from front to rear.

Update from dealership.
They removed the rear door panels and showed me the "dummy" speakers and said that all ML's were like this. The speaker map another forum member posted indicates otherwise.
So strange they'd put dummy speakers in. A simple cost cutting thing? Or maybe the dummy speakers there for a potential sound upgrade option in the future?

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Comfort

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Normal

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)