New MOLLE panel for rear cargo pocket

I installed this a while ago, forgot to update here. I only used the outside portion, didn't feel a need to use the inside molle panel. It's a small cubby space, the inner panel just takes up room and what small item am I going to need to secure in there with the molle system....a coffee cup? There is a ton of space behind that panel and when I have time to mess with it I'll probably cut out the back of the cubby to use some of that wasted space back there.

The Victory 4x4 item itself is very heavy and very well made, no doubt about that. It secures fine in place with the supplied hardware. Not really worth $232 in my opinion for the one panel I used but worth is subjective. In that space I've stored a folding military shovel (in the Gerber soft case), a water purifying cup, a 9.5'x12' tarp (it's not a heavy tarp, it's that thin rainfly material), a lantern, and behind it all is a 8'x4' ground tarp. If I cut out the sides and back of this space you could probably store 5 times as much stuff. There's a lot of room back there behind these black interior panels. Another forum member posted some photos of the space back there on each side - if you pull out the "3rd row" cupholders you can see down in there. I haven't had a chance to mess with it yet.

IMG_0214.JPGIMG_0215.JPGIMG_0219.JPGIMG_0220.JPG

Bill, that looks nice. What do you think of the structural integrity of that front plate screwed into the plastic trim? I'm guessing it's more than sufficient to hold in the items you have even cornering hard or on some rough terrain.

Oh, it's on there sturdy and tight. The bottom portion has little clamps that grab the plastic tabs and the top portion has nuts and bolts - it's not just little self-tapping screws. Complete overkill. If I yanked on the metal cover portion it wouldn't pop off. Plastic would have to crack or rip for it to come off.

I installed this a while ago, forgot to update here. I only used the outside portion, didn't feel a need to use the inside molle panel. It's a small cubby space, the inner panel just takes up room and what small item am I going to need to secure in there with the molle system....a coffee cup? There is a ton of space behind that panel and when I have time to mess with it I'll probably cut out the back of the cubby to use some of that wasted space back there.

The Victory 4x4 item itself is very heavy and very well made, no doubt about that. It secures fine in place with the supplied hardware. Not really worth $232 in my opinion for the one panel I used but worth is subjective. In that space I've stored a folding military shovel (in the Gerber soft case), a water purifying cup, a 9.5'x12' tarp (it's not a heavy tarp, it's that thin rainfly material), a lantern, and behind it all is a 8'x4' ground tarp. If I cut out the sides and back of this space you could probably store 5 times as much stuff. There's a lot of room back there behind these black interior panels. Another forum member posted some photos of the space back there on each side - if you pull out the "3rd row" cupholders you can see down in there. I haven't had a chance to mess with it yet.

View attachment 3126View attachment 3127View attachment 3128View attachment 3129
It looks like all that stuff would fit in the cubby with the cover on, just fine- what's the benefit of doing what you did?

It looks like all that stuff would fit in the cubby with the cover on, just fine- what's the benefit of doing what you did?
LOL, you are almost right….the original plastic cover popped off with all that stuff crammed in there. The real value will be when I cut open the back and probably sides of the panel to open up the full area hidden back there. Then this expensive metal panel will serve as the gateway to the larger storage area.

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Comfort

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Normal

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)