No split screen on GX550

BaileyBeans

Aug 15, 2024
MA
This car is very technology friendly supposedly and we have the eye monitor on our car, but there is no split screen display for radio/navigation? Also, there is a search icon and a sources button on the radio display screen that is unmovable? It is in the complete wrong place and it cannot be moved, you’d think for asexpensive as this car is, the screen on the vehicle would be perfect. I think the software engineers must’ve been asleep at the wheel and didn’t even have quality control look at the screen before it was shipped out! back to the drawing board please!

This car is very technology friendly supposedly and we have the eye monitor on our car, but there is no split screen display for radio/navigation? Also, there is a search icon and a sources button on the radio display screen that is unmovable? It is in the complete wrong place and it cannot be moved, you’d think for asexpensive as this car is, the screen on the vehicle would be perfect. I think the software engineers must’ve been asleep at the wheel and didn’t even have quality control look at the screen before it was shipped out! back to the drawing board please!
Welcome to the forum.

Assuming you have taken delivery of a new GX?

I agree, there should be a way to split nav and radio, but it's not too bad just switching back and forth. Android auto does a nav music split, just not radio.

I know, my BMW had it and I got spoiled! Could have 3 different things on one screen. Really surprised you can't on the GX

I'm pretty sure my wife had mine doing the split screen last week.......but I didn't see how she did it. Hell, I just figured out how to customize the display and I've had it 6 weeks.

I know, my BMW had it and I got spoiled! Could have 3 different things on one screen. Really surprised you can't on the GX
Really? I hate the split screen in my M2.

Great I have a tiny CarPlay screen so bmw can put up a blank over on the right that says “iPhone 15 Pro Max” and not much else.

CarPlay has built in split screen capability that is way more useful. Most people I know with bmw pay someone on the internet to disable the feature.

Have you considered using the the radio/music option programmed into one of the three custom main driving display screens? At least this would allow you to see the stations/songs/artist and you can use the "mode" button on the steering to change source.

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 19 63.3%
Back