Paint Chips

aldeadbolt

Aug 11, 2024
Floriduh
Picked up my GX last week and noticed a couple of paint chips on the front of the hood. Then I started looking closer and there are some other flaws flaws in the paint. Not sure if I’m just checking too close bc it’s new. Anyone have paint issues on their GX? It’s bumming me out seeing them this soon. 😂

Paint problems on the hood is a known issue. Tell your dealer about it, and they should do something about it. The travel packaging damaged the paint on a bunch units

I've fully detailed the paint on my OT+ twice now in 500 miles (day one I put a coat of collinite 454 on it, and two weeks later I applied collinites ceramic/graphene beadcoat), going over the paint with a fine tooth comb each time, and I can say it's the best paint job on any vehicle I have ever owned. Picking it up at the dealer the day it arrived has its benefits over something that has sat in the lot and been washed a bunch of times (this is why I won't buy new cars in the winter anymore - I picked up my Silverado after a ton of snow storms and my paint was swirled to high heaven from all the crppy wash jobs it got in the dealer lot). My Nori paint has literally ZERO swirls in it, and I have only noticed two VERY minor imperfections 1) seemed like a trapped fleck of dust that a clay bar would probably remove, and 2) one water spot that might actually be my fault and got trapped under the wax and not actually an imperfection.

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Comfort

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Normal

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)