Real World Reviews

Also, the seat memory settings don't seem to have a way to connect to each key? Anyone know how to make that work.
If it's like other Lexus models, get in the car with your key fob that you want to "assign" to a memory position. I believe you have to already have programmed the memory position. Close the door, start the car, hold the memory button you want to assign to the fob with 1 finger and then with another finger hold the lock button until you hear a beep. After that the programmed memory position will be automatically used when you unlock or start the car with the key fob.

If it's like other Lexus models, get in the car with your key fob that you want to "assign" to a memory position. I believe you have to already have programmed the memory position. Close the door, start the car, hold the memory button you want to assign to the fob with 1 finger and then with another finger hold the lock button until you hear a beep. After that the programmed memory position will be automatically used when you unlock or start the car with the key fob.
That worked. Thanks JPE

Reactions: JPE
Premium + Just delivered July 5th. It's my wifes car. So far, great vehicle. We've been easing it in at just a couple hundred miles so haven't put the pedal down or put in sport mode yet. MPG looks pretty bad but hopefully improves after break in. Love the tech, seats are comfy, it's a comfortable car for me to drive and ride in at 6'1".

A few things I've noticed so far. 3rd row power seats are terribly slow going up and down. We have two boys so won't use a ton except with family in town or when she carpools other kids but seriously slow seats. Also, no car seat anchors in the 3rd row, which is probably ok with them just in booster seats but maybe a problem for a family of 5 or 6 wanting to keep a kid in a large car seat in the back. Still haven't figured out all the tech necessarily and a few things we're struggling with. Think we got the two keys matched up but my sound settings (such as increased base) aren't sticking. Have some questions about the mirrors folding down when in reverse. At first they did, now they don't unless i'm backing out of the garage. Not sure how to set them. Also, the seat memory settings don't seem to have a way to connect to each key? Anyone know how to make that work.

I'm sure i'll figure out a few more things later, but overall, we like the vehicle. it looks great and rides good. More come.
My mirrors are doing the same thing. They used to turn down and now they don’t. I need to sit and play with settings and see if I can find out how to fix

You try putting the mirror selection switch in the other position?

On most of my cars the right mirror needs to be selected for the reverse dip feature to work.

Luxury plus owner here with 200+ miles and 1 week of driving and the game changer for me was taking it out of "comfort" mode and into "normal".

Comfort mode was making me car sick on the hills and bumpy roads around my house.
This is very interesting. I’ve only been on comfort mode and not really much outside of it. Don’t love the ride quality. But I’m coming from a unibody Macan and that rode so good. That said maybe I should go back to normal suspension mode. I didn’t do that because I had it in normal for about 10 mins and thought it was too harsh but again perhaps I should have given it more of a chance.

Who puts leather on the dash?
That sure wouldn't last long with the sun beating in on it.
And most cars that claim leather seats are only leather on the outside bolsters? The seating portion is vinyl.
My previous cars had leather dashes. Most recently in my Macan, I think in the Porsches case many people reported of the leather dashes coming undone after long term 5+ years. . So I prefer vinyl/plastic. Also I was always afraid of putting a phone holder on leather in fear of damaging it.

I actually prefer the utilitarian “luxury” of the gx. I don’t have to worry about all the fancy wood/leather getting beat up by my kids.

I love my overtrail but I was surprised that it didn’t have seat memory.

Agreed. I'm still waiting on my OT (and will be for another 4 to 5 months), but I was very disappointed to see that missing on the OT, especially seeing as a $35k Honda Accord has memory seats.

Agreed. I'm still waiting on my OT (and will be for another 4 to 5 months), but I was very disappointed to see that missing on the OT, especially seeing as a $35k Honda Accord has memory seats.
Notsure where to post this but having a 9 hour drive was a bit more stressful maybe age but having to look straight so the warning signs wouldn’t go off made the ride a bit more stressed

Yep, same here. My wife was so disappointed she said she might have opted for the OT+ just to get that feature. I'm hoping maybe there is some way to add it, but so far I'm not seeing any options to do that.

Notsure where to post this but having a 9 hour drive was a bit more stressful maybe age but having to look straight so the warning signs wouldn’t go off made the ride a bit more stressed
1due, you can disable the Driver Monitor Alert by going into the infotainment system under Settings->Driving assist->Driver support and down at the bottom of the right side of the screen should be "Driver monitor alert". Just toggle that to off and you won't get those warning on your dash. The downside is that features like lane change assist or traffic jam assist might not function with that turned off...I don't know for sure.

1due, you can disable the Driver Monitor Alert by going into the infotainment system under Settings->Driving assist->Driver support and down at the bottom of the right side of the screen should be "Driver monitor alert". Just toggle that to off and you won't get those warning on your dash. The downside is that features like lane change assist or traffic jam assist might not function with that turned off...I don't know for sure.
I appreciate that info but really JPE if you go to the humor section of this forum and look at the universe you’ll understand me better hope to see you on the road drive safe

I appreciate that info but really JPE if you go to the humor section of this forum and look at the universe you’ll understand me better hope to see you on the road drive safe
Gotcha! ;)

I thought you might have been tired of the sign, sign, everywhere a sign.

Gotcha! ;)

I thought you might have been tired of the sign, sign, everywhere a sign.
Yes a bunch of sing it was if your a horse with blinders on looking forward for such a long time with no eye slightly distraction tires eyes at least mine , solution more stops not a fan I like getting to where I’m going so I spend more time with the things I want to see see you on the road

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Comfort

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Normal

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 1 6.7%