Roof rack wind noise with panoramic

Jmills11

May 4, 2024
Media
Houston
Anyone know of hacks or mods to get the wind noise down? I have a luxury with the OT roof rack and once the wind starts blowing or I get over 50 the noise is pretty noticeable. I really don’t want to remove the rack either so I’m wondering if there are any mods to the interior to dampen sound or exterior to deflect the wind/air.
The sliding cover for the panoramic is super thin and I think that’s part of the cause.

I have the lux + with the same issue, took mine off, vibration of panaramic glass stopped.

I don’t know of any sound deadening mods.

The roof rack needs a thinner leading and trailing edge. I believe air is not flowing cleanly across the roof rack causing the panoramIc roof to vibrate, I felt it myself when I was hearing the noise.

Buy a new roof rack with a deflector.

But the roof rack itself is the source of the problem. The easiest way is just take it off

What are you guys with the lux+ doing for roof racks? I am thinking of one but don’t want to lose my pino roof visibility. Love it for the light and don’t want it all blocked out but I would also like the ability to mount a roof cargo box to store my snowboards.

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Comfort

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Normal

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)