💸 The 'official' I put my deposit down list...

Hello All! Count me in for another official depositors list, done that at Longo Lexus in SoCal but they have not given me my number in line (not that I want to know as well - it will simply depress me lol!) looking forward to more interactions here!

Welcome and congratulations! I got you added to the list!

For those who pre-ordered at Longo Lexus in SoCal, did you guys get some kind of receipt for your deposit? I have been chasing the internet advisor ever since I paid but he won't respond or give me my number in the queue for some reason.

For those who pre-ordered at Longo Lexus in SoCal, did you guys get some kind of receipt for your deposit? I have been chasing the internet advisor ever since I paid but he won't respond or give me my number in the queue for some reason.
Yes, I got a receipt, but I had to chase my sales rep too. Give them a call, and ask for one. I think they have taken several hundred deposits.

I read a while back that the allocations per dealer was something like 10 each every two weeks or so. Does anyone know the true allocation process for Lexus dealers?
I really don't think anyone knows what allocations are going to be just yet. I would imagine higher volume dealerships will get more stock because of their proven ability to move cars. I doubt a small market store is going to get the same allocation a large metro market dealer will.

I've been thinking about waitlists lately. I think the long lists are making us all believe there is a huge clamor for the vehicle. While I do believe the GX and LC 250 are going to be HUGE sellers, I think there may be a buyer bias in favor of MSRP dealerships which makes waitlists seem exceptionally long. Just a thought.

I really don't think anyone knows what allocations are going to be just yet. I would imagine higher volume dealerships will get more stock because of their proven ability to move cars. I doubt a small market store is going to get the same allocation a large metro market dealer will.

I've been thinking about waitlists lately. I think the long lists are making us all believe there is a huge clamor for the vehicle. While I do believe the GX and LC 250 are going to be HUGE sellers, I think there may be a buyer bias in favor of MSRP dealerships which makes waitlists seem exceptionally long. Just a thought.
Absolutely. I've contacted a several and only one dealer near me do not charge a markup but has a long waitlist. The other dealers know it too and mention as much to me. I pretty much told them to get lost since I'm in no rush to get a new vehicle. I'm fine to wait and not pay an unknown amount of mark up. I waited 5 months for my 2021 Gladiator. Looks like I may have to do the same for the GX.

Placed my non-refundable deposit yesterday for a Luxury +. Was #8 on the list at my local dealership. They just began accepting deposits. Inventory Manager couldn't confirm where I fall with allocations.

Congrats and welcome to the forum! I'm waiting to hear how I fall within the allocations. What other options are you considering?

Got placed on the order list yesterday. My configured vehicle is Overtrail + with Earth exterior, Chateau or Black Olive interior. No deposit required. I'm sure I'm at the bottom of the list so not expecting the vehicle until maybe quarter 3 or 4.

Got placed on the order list yesterday. My configured vehicle is Overtrail + with Earth exterior, Chateau or Black Olive interior. No deposit required. I'm sure I'm at the bottom of the list so not expecting the vehicle until maybe quarter 3 or 4.
I had two dealers tell me that most deposits where NOT on Overtrail+. I too am getting an OT+ w/Chateau. They told me there were ~40 ahead of me, but only 3-4 OT.

I put in my deposit back in May before the reveal. I am not sure where on the list I am though but expect to be in the first or second allocation. I am still torn between Overtrail and Premium+.

Not expecting off-roading except on rare occasions, love the look and wheels/tires of Overtrail and the options on the Premium+. The Overtrail+ seems like a good spot but the $10K difference (with options according the circulating allocation table) seems excessive to me. So not really sure yet.

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 19 63.3%
Back