Votes: 12 44.4%
  • NO sunroof

Votes: 15 55.6%

• Total voters

gvan1998

May 24, 2024
Media
MD
I know you can delete the sunroof on the new GX550s. I got a overtrail with sunroof deleted and kind of regretting it

Whats your thoughts on not having sunroof on a luxury vehicle.

I know you can delete the sunroof on the new GX550s. I got a overtrail with sunroof deleted and kind of regretting it

Whats your thoughts on not having sunroof on a luxury vehicle.
I personally don’t like sunroofs one as they age prone to leaks, two where you live storms hail will damage ,three not a big deal over all but if your going off road some of the braces can snap and break the glass this is over time and many off road trips,it’s one reason I ‘m getting full rr won’t prevent damage but might lessen it

Driving the GX550 demo car I didn't really care for the sunroof. IMO if allocations ever come about where you can pick to have a sunroof or not I'd probably save the extra $1000 for the delete

Have had sun roofs on last three vehicles. Current one is a 4Runner and my GX stuck in QA hold has one too. Only open it when dog wants to stick her nose in the wind. Other than that it stays shut. One more thing to leak or malfunction.

I'm waiting on my "unicorn" OT+ without sunroof and some other deleted options. My dealer calls it a unicorn because I will probably have to wait until 2025 to get it. I think there are less problems going forward without a sunroof. Less weight, less money, stronger body, less maintenance. Just my opinion.

I'm waiting on my "unicorn" OT+ without sunroof and some other deleted options. My dealer calls it a unicorn because I will probably have to wait until 2025 to get it. I think there are less problems going forward without a sunroof. Less weight, less money, stronger body, less maintenance. Just my opinion.
All the overtrails that were delivered to the MD, VA, area have the sunroof deleted. It's harder to get a model with a sunroof.

I've had sunroofs on my last two vehicles. Basically 11 years of a sunroof. Over those 11 years I probably opened them 10 times. I put my name on the waitlist at my local dealer this weekend and told them the moonroof delete on my Overtrail was preferred but I could live with it if it had the moonroof. It'd be nice not to have the moonroof, but I don't want to wait longer just to get one with no moonroof.

I tend to keep my vehicles for 5 + years. The ones with a sunroof have all developed leaks over the years. In the desert SW I prefer not to have the sunroof to try to keep the interior cooler and more structural rigidity. My dermo and I are on a first name basis, so the less time I'm exposed to the sun for long periods of time the better. My 2 cents.

I like the idea of the sunroof and currently have it in two of my vehicles. Rarely do I ever use it though. With that said, I think I would regret not getting it for that 1% of the time when I do use it..lol

I like the idea of the sunroof and currently have it in two of my vehicles. Rarely do I ever use it though. With that said, I think I would regret not getting it for that 1% of the time when I do use it..lol
That's how I feel.

I've had 8 vehicles with moon roofs and never a leak. I appreciate opening the shade for extra cabin light. Popping it to vent fresh air isn't so bad either, especially in spring or fall.

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Comfort

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Normal

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)