Upgrading speakers in base 10-speaker stereo

Also, try using the “wire” source and play something “high res” or “FLAC” files. Makes a massive difference. Bluetooth is actually decent in the GX though.

Nice very helpful. I did push the sound tuning fade back one click and think it's a nice balance.

Doesn't sound like you think it makes sense to try and get more power to the rear speakers either through a new amp or new speakers there, right?

You usually can’t achieve it by swapping speakers but you can by adding power and more importantly changing the DSP settings which is the key. It’s too early though as the aftermarket hasn’t developed anything that’s plug-n-play. Check the link I posted earlier. These guys should have their setup available soon. This will be a great bang for buck upgrade and likely allow pre- outs for a powered sub. Others will follow with similar architecture as it’s the easiest cost effective way to upgrade. It’s very challenging to work with all the different integrated OE systems these days and retain all features without increasing “noise floor” or screwing up your “hands free” sound etc. If your totally set on it you could go scorched earth and replace all drivers and add amps/dsp. Big $$ though and absolutely a waist unless audiophile is a hobby for you.

You usually can’t achieve it by swapping speakers but you can by adding power and more importantly changing the DSP settings which is the key. It’s too early though as the aftermarket hasn’t developed anything that’s plug-n-play. Check the link I posted earlier. These guys should have their setup available soon. This will be a great bang for buck upgrade and likely allow pre- outs for a powered sub. Others will follow with similar architecture as it’s the easiest cost effective way to upgrade. It’s very challenging to work with all the different integrated OE systems these days and retain all features without increasing “noise floor” or screwing up your “hands free” sound etc. If your totally set on it you could go scorched earth and replace all drivers and add amps/dsp. Big $$ though and absolutely a waist unless audiophile is a hobby for you.
This is the same advice I received. Truck is too new and no one has really messed with it yet. But the stereo shop would be happy to tear everything out, start fresh, and guarantee it will sound awesome....if I give them a blank check!

Thanks yea I sent an email to them stating interest so hopefully they add it to their R&D pipeline. Thanks for the input. Pretty happy with the base speakers but think it would be nice for a little more in back.

Latest Discussions

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 19 63.3%
Back