đź‘‹ Welcome to the Lexus GX 550 Forum! Please post an introduction thread!

Hello from Phoenix, Aridzona……..

Looking at maybe getting into a GX550 as another mod project.

Previously had a 2013 Spruce Mica Tacoma TRD OR. Currently have a 2019 4Runner TRD OR that has some mods and kinda at that critical juncture of deciding to continue to mod it further or get back to my much missed metallic greens…..in this case a Nori Green Pearl. Had test driven a Land Cruiser recently and the battery hump in the cargo area is a deal killer. Interested in test driving a GX to see what the twin turbo V6 is like.

Attachments

• IMG_1257.jpeg
    IMG_1257.jpeg
    451.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1108.jpeg
    IMG_1108.jpeg
    330 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1110.jpeg
    IMG_1110.jpeg
    414.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3354.jpeg
    IMG_3354.jpeg
    429.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 4D4495AD-C986-4A29-A985-0D0C2C87EE6A.jpeg
    4D4495AD-C986-4A29-A985-0D0C2C87EE6A.jpeg
    391.3 KB · Views: 43
Hello. New to the Lexus family here. My wife and I just purchased a GX550 Overtrail+ in Atomic silver with black roof option. I originally wanted the Earth and she liked the Caviar. We were presented with an option to test drive the Atomic Silver and both loved the color. As noted before, it is difficult to appreciate in photos. We tested a new LC first edition as well but were disappointed by the battery placement in the trunk where we plan to kit it out as our next Overland rig in a few years with a Fridge, drawer/kitchen pull out, water etc. This drove us to more seriously consider the GX550. So here we are, and very pleased so far with our new ride. I can't help but think they used the 80 Series (our current Overland rig with 325K) as their starting point and a driving light in the new design. The new GX550 is a win for the Lexus and Overland community for sure and we are happy to step into this beauty.

Attachments

• PXL_20240720_231314258.jpg
    PXL_20240720_231314258.jpg
    489.8 KB · Views: 42
Hi from ATL - received my OT+ (Incognito with black roof) on Friday. This is my first Lexus, came from a 2022 4Runner (ORP Lunar Rock), definitely an upgrade though I loved my previous 4Runners - was in 5th Gens for the last 10 years. Been in the group for a bit, really appreciate all the info everyone shares!

Attachments

• IMG_3994.jpeg
    IMG_3994.jpeg
    471.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_6136.jpeg
    IMG_6136.jpeg
    481.2 KB · Views: 42
Hello from Phoenix, Aridzona……..

Looking at maybe getting into a GX550 as another mod project.

Previously had a 2013 Spruce Mica Tacoma TRD OR. Currently have a 2019 4Runner TRD OR that has some mods and kinda at that critical juncture of deciding to continue to mod it further or get back to my much missed metallic greens…..in this case a Nori Green Pearl. Had test driven a Land Cruiser recently and the battery hump in the cargo area is a deal killer. Interested in test driving a GX to see what the twin turbo V6 is like.
Welcome to the forum.

Hi from ATL - received my OT+ (Incognito with black roof) on Friday. This is my first Lexus, came from a 2022 4Runner (ORP Lunar Rock), definitely an upgrade though I loved my previous 4Runners - was in 5th Gens for the last 10 years. Been in the group for a bit, really appreciate all the info everyone shares!
Congrats on taking it home.

Hello. New to the Lexus family here. My wife and I just purchased a GX550 Overtrail+ in Atomic silver with black roof option. I originally wanted the Earth and she liked the Caviar. We were presented with an option to test drive the Atomic Silver and both loved the color. As noted before, it is difficult to appreciate in photos. We tested a new LC first edition as well but were disappointed by the battery placement in the trunk where we plan to kit it out as our next Overland rig in a few years with a Fridge, drawer/kitchen pull out, water etc. This drove us to more seriously consider the GX550. So here we are, and very pleased so far with our new ride. I can't help but think they used the 80 Series (our current Overland rig with 325K) as their starting point and a driving light in the new design. The new GX550 is a win for the Lexus and Overland community for sure and we are happy to step into this beauty.
Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

Hello everyone! I am from the Gulf Coast and am a former 460 owner as well as the owner of many Land Cruisers and LX's over the last 25 years. I am currently waiting (not very patiently) for my '24 GX to arrive in the states within the next three weeks and am looking forward to gleaning from and contributing to this community for many years to come.

Thank you for having me,

Chip Cole

Hello everyone! I am from the Gulf Coast and am a former 460 owner as well as the owner of many Land Cruisers and LX's over the last 25 years. I am currently waiting (not very patiently) for my '24 GX to arrive in the states within the next three weeks and am looking forward to gleaning from and contributing to this community for many years to come.

Thank you for having me,

Chip Cole
Welcome to the forum.

Hey there from OKC. Put a deposit down in April, still waiting on our GX for my wife. She's coming from a 4Runner that has been a great vehicle and is being passed down to our soon to be 16 son. It has a level kit and 285/70/17's and we travel all over in that rig for soccer for my son. Can't wait to road trip in the GX. I have a Tesla Model Y that has coilovers that I installed myself with my sons help. I tend to be a tinkerer with my vehicles and love fitment of wheels and tires. The GX will get some upgrades in that department as soon as it arrives. I've been on various forums for years and look forward to being a part of this community. Cheers! 🍻

Hey there from OKC. Put a deposit down in April, still waiting on our GX for my wife. She's coming from a 4Runner that has been a great vehicle and is being passed down to our soon to be 16 son. It has a level kit and 285/70/17's and we travel all over in that rig for soccer for my son. Can't wait to road trip in the GX. I have a Tesla Model Y that has coilovers that I installed myself with my sons help. I tend to be a tinkerer with my vehicles and love fitment of wheels and tires. The GX will get some upgrades in that department as soon as it arrives. I've been on various forums for years and look forward to being a part of this community. Cheers! 🍻
Welcome.

I"ve had a deposit on a white GX 550 Overtrail+ for a while now to replace my Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel. All my research pointed to the Lexus GX. The dealer did offer a Nori green model but the white will go well with our Escape E19 Trailer and I've had a white vehicle before and really liked it so I'll wait for what I'm paying for.

Last edited:
I"ve had a deposit on a white GX 550 Overtrail+ for a while now to replace my Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel. All my research pointed to the Lexus GX. The dealer did offer a Nori green model but the white will go well with our Escape E19 Trailer and I've had a white vehicle before and really liked it so I while for what I'm paying for.
Welcome to the forum.

We live in Annapolis MD
I just purchased my wife a GX 550 Premium in incognito.
We have owned a 470 and 2-460's.
Then went to BMW X5 - Lost it in Hurricane Ian in FL.
Then to Land Rover - which I hated.
We went back to the new GX.
I drive a BMW X5M
and a 66&77 Ford Bronco.

Attachments

• Lexus.jpg
    Lexus.jpg
    535.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Bronco1.jpg
    Bronco1.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 29
Picked up our Overtrail+ on Monday. Have 1,000 miles on it now and loving it. We live in the West Elk Mountains of CO, taking it on its first trail ride tomorrow.

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Comfort

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Normal

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)