35s

Wambo

May 10, 2024
Media
Los Angeles
Just finished installing these TE37XTs
Wheels 17x8 +20
Tires KO2 35x12.5r17
1.5 tuff country 24 Tacoma/Land Cruiser level kit. (possibly not needed)
So far no rubbing. very little cutting.

Will get it alligned tomorrow and update soon with more pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0958.jpg
    IMG_0958.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 519
  • IMG_0955.jpg
    IMG_0955.jpg
    298 KB · Views: 442
  • IMG_2327.JPEG
    IMG_2327.JPEG
    205.9 KB · Views: 372
Wheels 17x8 +20
Tires KO2 35x12.5r17

Looks great!! Looking at doing the 18x8 +20 with 34's on mine. Where did you pick up the TE's? I called a couple vendors and they are saying 8+ month wait.

Wheels 17x8 +20
Tires KO2 35x12.5r17

Nice! I was looking at the TEs but more poke than I can get away with here. I wish they did them in +35 offset..

The leveling kit might not be necessary but it looks good and probably helps significantly with approach angle.

Man, there goes the MPG......down. (I'm just getting down and out over the posted MPG's posted by those that have their GX's now and can't get close to 400 miles in a tank. Some are just getting over 300 but they must like the TURBO!) I still want my GX 550 OT+

Man, there goes the MPG......down. (I'm just getting down and out over the posted MPG's posted by those that have their GX's now and can't get close to 400 miles in a tank. Some are just getting over 300 but they must like the TURBO!) I still want my GX 550 OT+
Keep dreaming. I'm getting 225 on a full tank. With the stock tires. 10-13MPG driving it like a normal person. I have 1k miles on it.

That's horrible.
Replacing these bulletproof V8s with more complicated and less reliable turbo 6s (mated to 10 speed transmissions that are constantly hopping between gears) is crazy when the 6s are getting worse real world mileage (legit 11-14 city/13-16 highway). The only way it makes sense is if the manufacturers are doing this bc the new setups allow them to tune these vehicles to specifically max out on the EPA fuel economy tests (knowing full well us owners will never see these kinds of numbers in our own use). I know, I know…. turbo 6s have more torque! But honestly, hitting the gas station every 265 miles is brutal.

Replacing these bulletproof V8s with more complicated and less reliable turbo 6s (mated to 10 speed transmissions that are constantly hopping between gears) is crazy when the 6s are getting worse real world mileage (legit 11-14 city/13-16 highway). The only way it makes sense is if the manufacturers are doing this bc the new setups allow them to tune these vehicles to specifically max out on the EPA fuel economy tests (knowing full well us owners will never see these kinds of numbers in our own use). I know, I know…. turbo 6s have more torque! But honestly, hitting the gas station every 265 miles is brutal.
Welllll, I think the hopping between gears in a 10 speed is by design. If my impotent 5-speed 4runner had a 10-speed it would be more drivable and get better mileage.

Wheels 17x8 +20
Tires KO2 35x12.5r17

When you say "no rubbing", is that only when on level ground? Or have you also checked for rubbing when at various degrees of articulation?

Looks great. I really want to know the impact on articulation though. And if you could have done this without a lift. Maybe 34s with no lift is the max.

Awesome to hear MPG hasn't really been affected. Seems like a win win if the same articulation and the ability for no lift can work!

Looks great. I really want to know the impact on articulation though. And if you could have done this without a lift. Maybe 34s with no lift is the max.

Awesome to hear MPG hasn't really been affected. Seems like a win win if the same articulation and the ability for no lift can work!
NVM I thought OP had the 35s and not just oem. I misspoke. Nevertheless want to know the mpg numbers with 35s haha

I just did a 255 mile trip in colorado mountains, got home with 117m til empty, plus we know there’s another 3-4 gallons beyond that

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Comfort

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Normal

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)