Anybody buy the OCD screen protector?

I did and not the best review. I know this will be chalked up as user error but I’ve installed a lot of these and I’ve never had it stain on the sticky side before.

Curious to hear if anybody has had these issues.

If they send me a new one I’ll take it to a professional and have them install it so I can hear their thoughts because I’m really confused as to why it happened. I did everything as I’ve done before and followed their instructions at the same time.

It basically was money down the drain for me.

Interested to hear if anybody has installed the OCD or any other screen protector.

I bought and installed the OCD screen. At first I was a bit dismayed with all the bubbles that formed underneath after I carefully squeegied the cover into place. Then the bubbles went away after a day. I did manage to get a couple of my fingerprints adhered to the sticky side of the protector film and if I look really really close when the screen is off (black) I can find them. But it doesn't matter at all when the screen is on. The main reason I wanted this protector was to cut the glare. I couldn't see anything on the screen - it was like a mirror reflecting the passenger seat.

I bought and installed the OCD screen. At first I was a bit dismayed with all the bubbles that formed underneath after I carefully squeegied the cover into place. Then the bubbles went away after a day. I did manage to get a couple of my fingerprints adhered to the sticky side of the protector film and if I look really really close when the screen is off (black) I can find them. But it doesn't matter at all when the screen is on. The main reason I wanted this protector was to cut the glare. I couldn't see anything on the screen - it was like a mirror reflecting the passenger seat.
May I ask which one you purchased? I got one from Amazon and it fit but it took many many tries to get the bubbles out. The fit is still not amazing. You can clearly tell there’s a cover on there. But atleast I don’t have to worry about scratches.

I purchased it as I was wanting to reduce glare as well as minimize fingerprints/smudges on the touch screen. The first time I tried to install I t didn't come out well with visible bubbles that never went away. I called and they sent me a replacement which was installed with no issues. Excellent customer service and they were responsive when i reached out. Now I have zero glare and zero fingerprints which I am very happy about.

I purchased it as I was wanting to reduce glare as well as minimize fingerprints/smudges on the touch screen. The first time I tried to install I t didn't come out well with visible bubbles that never went away. I called and they sent me a replacement which was installed with no issues. Excellent customer service and they were responsive when i reached out. Now I have zero glare and zero fingerprints which I am very happy about.
That's great that they sent a free replacement.....also tells you how astronomical the markup is on the product!

I ordered this one from Amazon that someone linked here on the forums somewhere.

While installing, I did notice some small scratches on the screen when looking closely so glad I ordered a protector.

Using the dust tape was a bad idea as it’s super sticky and appeared to raise a few bubbles on the screen itself 😱

I was able to flatten those fine with a microfiber cloth but scared the shit out of me.

The screen protector is a perfect fit and no comlaints yet other than two bubbles that annoy me but will try to work on those later. I’m honestly scared to take the screen protector off but no reason to now I guess.

@Bluegill , @blakebearden78 - In the OCD install video, the Tundra seemed to have a "factory" screen protector on it. When looking at my unit closely prior to install, I noticed the GX does too. Did you pull that off before installing the OCD matte screen protector?

I ordered this one from Amazon that someone linked here on the forums somewhere.

While installing, I did notice some small scratches on the screen when looking closely so glad I ordered a protector.

Using the dust tape was a bad idea as it’s super sticky and appeared to raise a few bubbles on the screen itself 😱

I was able to flatten those fine with a microfiber cloth but scared the shit out of me.

The screen protector is a perfect fit and no comlaints yet other than two bubbles that annoy me but will try to work on those later. I’m honestly scared to take the screen protector off but no reason to now I guess.
Do you think you lifted the factory screen protector and didn't actually do anything to "raise a few bubbles on the screen itself"?

Do you think you lifted the factory screen protector and didn't actually do anything to "raise a few bubbles on the screen itself"?
For sure, I figured there was some kind of film over the screen but didn't really know if it was a factory screen protector. Just scared me but screen protector I put on from amazon is perfect now.

@Bluegill , @blakebearden78 - In the OCD install video, the Tundra seemed to have a "factory" screen protector on it. When looking at my unit closely prior to install, I noticed the GX does too. Did you pull that off before installing the OCD matte screen protector?
Oh yeah, you have to remove that plastic film put on by the factory!

Would call that a success.
1000033259.jpg

I just installed the OCD yesterday - I thought I looked pretty good for a factory screen protector, but admittedly I didn’t take my nail to it to check if I could pop anything up off the corner of the screen. Didn’t look like anything was around the dials either. Oops, I may have 2 on there now but it looks fine and it is a nice matte/no-glare finish.

I just installed the OCD yesterday - I thought I looked pretty good for a factory screen protector, but admittedly I didn’t take my nail to it to check if I could pop anything up off the corner of the screen. Didn’t look like anything was around the dials either. Oops, I may have 2 on there now but it looks fine and it is a nice matte/no-glare finish.
1000033254.jpg

Well if it looks good and works, no problem! Here's a pic of before. In the top right you can see some perforations in the corner on the original screen protector. I put a piece of painters tape in the corner and pulled down and it came right off.

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 6 75.0%
Back