Bluetooth and Carplay Issue

May 11, 2024
Media
Charlotte, NC
Has anyone else had intermittent issues with Bluetooth and Carplay? Around 1/3 of the time when I start the car, the Bluetooth isnt connecting and I cant force the connection from the car or from the phone. The only solution is to turn the car off and turn it back on, at which point it connects normally. I'm running an iPhone 12 Pro Max with the latest updates.

On a related issue, if I am on a call in the car and turn the car off while still on the call, then start the car within 15-30 minutes (post call) the car thinks I'm still on the phone and doesnt allow any audio for Radio, Carplay, etc.

I know some of these may be phone related, just curious if anyone else is having a similar experience.

Has anyone else had intermittent issues with Bluetooth and Carplay? Around 1/3 of the time when I start the car, the Bluetooth isnt connecting and I cant force the connection from the car or from the phone. The only solution is to turn the car off and turn it back on, at which point it connects normally. I'm running an iPhone 12 Pro Max with the latest updates.

On a related issue, if I am on a call in the car and turn the car off while still on the call, then start the car within 15-30 minutes (post call) the car thinks I'm still on the phone and doesnt allow any audio for Radio, Carplay, etc.

I know some of these may be phone related, just curious if anyone else is having a similar experience.
Do you have the digital key set up? I had a similar experience after setting up the digital key with my iPhone. After removing the digital key, the issue went away. I have an iPhone 13 Pro

Do you have the digital key set up? I had a similar experience after setting up the digital key with my iPhone. After removing the digital key, the issue went away. I have an iPhone 13 Pro
I don’t have the digital key (Overtrail). Probably should have specified for the thread. Thanks for the insight though.

I use Android Auto and it connects fine MOST of the time. I've had a couple times when it wouldn't connect unless I turned the truck off and started it again. Otherwise it is working very well so far.

I use Android Auto and it connects fine MOST of the time. I've had a couple times when it wouldn't connect unless I turned the truck off and started it again. Otherwise it is working very well so far.
Same here...I hear from the dealer it's a Toyota in general issue with the newish infotainment systems.

Anyone have any updates here? I've had mine for 3 months. Worked fine until about 2 weeks ago and now disconnects or never connects on average every other day. I have to delete my phone from the Lexus system and go through a complete reconnection...only to be disconnected again a day or two later.

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 6 75.0%
Back