Center Console Tray for Cool Box?

Sep 28, 2024
Media
Memphis, TN
While I wait for my 2025 OT+ (with a cool box), I’ve been looking at accessories for inside the vehicle. Found plenty of pads for wireless charging area and liner for the dual cup holder but having a hard time finding a tray for the cool box. It’s not available on Amazon (yet). Did find 2 sellers on eBay, and the seller tells me it’s compatible with the LC and GX. However, kinda pricey at $35 + $8-9 shipping. Something half that would be more reasonable. Someone with a decent 3D printer could make one. Anyone have any success finding one at a more reasonable price? I know….I’m gonna pay over $80K for the GX and here I am complaining about a $40 accessory! 🤓

Here is the 3D print file I found on Reddit,
It’s the same one that’s 35 ish on eBay.
I’m personally waiting for a non 3dprinted one like the one that’s made for the non cool box ones.

Thanks. I prefer to wait for a non 3D printed one too. It seems like Lexus is including the cool box in more GX’s than not and so you would think that there would be an aftermarket tray for it by now.

I ordered the $35 ebay tray, can't believe there's no place to store singlasses, wallet, checkbook on this vehicle. I definitely did not need the cool box but having waited almost a year its how mine was optioned from the dealer.

Yea, some one at the port dealer thought the cool box was the best thing ever and every one should get one. I was told by my local dealer all units they were receiving had the cool box.

I told my dealer I won't be paying for "options" that are now basically standard features. If they can get me an OT in Green with a moonroof delete and nothing else I'll be by that day with a check. Until then I keep chugging around in my '01 Tundra.

I told my dealer I won't be paying for "options" that are now basically standard features. If they can get me an OT in Green with a moonroof delete and nothing else I'll be by that day with a check. Until then I keep chugging around in my '01 Tundra.
I hear you and understand completely. Unfortunately Lexus is not accepting custom orders and probably won’t for quite some time since the demand on this new GX is so high. I spoke with 3 different sales reps at three dealerships across three states who have been selling for Lexus over 20 years. They all said they’ve never experienced demand like this on any new Lexus vehicle. Maybe in a few years, the exuberance will wear off and Lexus will no longer have the leverage that they have now. I just hope my dealership will ‘port delete’ major items like the roof rack and rock rails for me in the event my OT+ is shown to arrive with it.

I heard only a handful of early production GX's were made with moonroof delete. I spoke with my SA and he said it's not possible to custom order one at the moment. And this is coming from Longo Lexus, the biggest lexus dealer in the nation. If you really want one with no moonroof, it might be a long wait.

Center Console Tray for Cooler. Solution found.

I used the 3d file from Mopac51 on the Landcruiser forum (thanks btw!)
Download it from here: 2024 Toyota Land Cruiser Cool Box Tray by Some Printer | Download free STL model | Printables.com
Went to "Treatstock" - an online marketplace with 3d printer providers - uploaded that 3d file
Here there are many providers who provide an instant bid to make it - I selected "PharmedPrints" https://www.treatstock.com/c/andrews-prusa-i3-mk2
Chose ABS plastic, in grey, About $25
Was created, shipped, and delivered in less than a week for $31 total
Fits 100% and is top quality

5470129_7037_6d7a6b9fbcb0b9f9b28ea130dc0f5826_1200x1200.jpg

I put some rubber type padding in the bottom to dampen noise rattles. And a small cabinet knob so I can easily pull it out for items in the bottom of the cool box.

Of course you can just wait until this gets to Amazon.....

Last edited:
Center Console Tray for Cooler. Solution found.

View attachment 3904

I put some rubber type padding in the bottom to dampen noise rattles. And a small cabinet knob so I can easily pull it out for items in the bottom of the cool box.
Thanks for sharing the process of getting it printed. I pulled down the model but did not know about the site to get things printed if you do not own a 3d printer.

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 19 63.3%
Back