GX550 30 Day Stop Sale?

Toyota/Lexus needs to be held accountable and responsible for this a 56 day hold and they expect you to accept this !!!
Would you rather them not tend to a possible issue and allocate and transport them anyway?

Sounds like a really bad idea. I rather my vehicle go through a QC hold and know the issue is fixed, than it be ignored.

Toyota/Lexus needs to be held accountable and responsible for this a 56 day hold and they expect you to accept this !!!
Hahaha in what way do they need to be held accountable.... They don't owe you anything for just being on a list other than getting the vehicle right and delivering it to you without issues. They don't owe it to you on a certain date.

That Lexus or the dealer would even deliver that vehicle does not speak well for them given their focus on quality. That says a lot (and not a positive speak) about their focus and shortcutting. If this was a jeep - totally get and expect the games. Not from Lexus....EVER. The more examples I hear like this - makes me wonder why despite the emotional attachment to the vehicle I have - should I reward them with a sale.

Hahaha in what way do they need to be held accountable.... They don't owe you anything for just being on a list other than getting the vehicle right and delivering it to you without issues. They don't owe it to you on a certain date.
Listen a little common sense you mean that someone who has waited for a vehicle for an extended period of time and then gets a call and then it has paint issues why don’t t have to tell you why they held your vehicle for QC hold oh yes they should !!! Give you vehicle without issues

Listen a little common sense you mean that someone who has waited for a vehicle for an extended period of time and then gets a call and then it has paint issues why don’t t have to tell you why they held your vehicle for QC hold oh yes they should !!! Give you vehicle without issues
if you dont like what Lexus is doing then dont buy it. Im pretty sure someone else will buy your allocation if you had one.

Why do Lexus has to be held accountable for this, its not like you paid for the vehicle. I can undersatnd if you bought the vehicle and they are holding it. They dont have a dime of your money.
Listen Nick 199
Why do Lexus has to be held accountable for this, its not like you paid for the vehicle. I can undersatnd if you bought the vehicle and they are holding it. They dont have a dime of your money.
LISTEN Nick1994 was told the car he is willing to purchase was at the dealer and sees that it has an issues they don’t need to be held accountable for some type of answers good luck with that!!!!!

Listen Nick 199
LISTEN Nick1994 was told the car he is willing to purchase was at the dealer and sees that it has an issues they don’t need to be held accountable for some type of answers good luck with that!!!!!

Are you ok?, several of your responses dont make any sense.

Deposit DOES NOT mean that you bought the vehicle.
You are moving the goalposts.

You said they don’t have a dime of our money, which is not true.

They have been holding onto many Thousands of dimes of my money in exchange for a promise to provide me a vehicle as advertised at the launch.

You are moving the goalposts.

You said they don’t have a dime of our money, which is not true.

They have been holding onto many Thousands of dimes of my money in exchange for a promise to provide me a vehicle as advertised at the launch.
I understand, if you dont like what lexus is doing, dont give them your money or get your money back for the deposit. problem solved

My Check list:
  • Factory/POI Items
  • Keys (Two Normal and One Wallet)
  • Paint, focus on hood
  • Panel Gaps
  • Hood Flutter
  • A/C
  • Gas Cap Screws
  • Wheel/Tire Balance
  • Tire Pressure
  • Lights
  • Stereo
  • Hold Unlock to open windows(Page 100 of manual)
  • Full Tank
  • Sunroof
  • Massage Chairs
Great list. I received two keys/fobs with my vehicle but not a wallet key. Was this an option? Joined this forum after I got my new OT.

Just wondering on the people that are getting their GX, how long have you put down your deposits? And was your number on the total list of deposits thanks.
60 days from deposit to phone call. Got several calls prior from others pulling out. Could have been as little as 30 days. But 60 days got me exactly what I was wanting and it was from the smallest dealer I had a deposit with. The other 6 larger dealers were not getting the color (exterior) I wanted.

In the week prior, I gave my guy the color and interior choices and he called with an unallocated GXOT on April 19 and took my deposit. It's due in by July 9.

As soon as he got the build sheet, we went over the port installed options and deleted ones I did need: rack, rock rails and hitch ball (-$2,600).

The dealership has 22 GX's being delivered this weekend. I got that news and checked his web site and saw one unallocated unit for sale.The next day it was gone. If one pops up for sale, it goes quick. Have your mind made up. Good luck.
Just wondering on the people that are getting their GX, how long have you put down your deposits? And was your number on the total list of deposits thanks.

In the week prior, I gave my guy the color and interior choices and he called with an unallocated GXOT on April 19 and took my deposit. It's due in by July 9.

As soon as he got the build sheet, we went over the port installed options and deleted ones I did need: rack, rock rails and hitch ball (-$2,600).

The dealership has 22 GX's being delivered this weekend. I got that news and checked his web site and saw one unallocated unit for sale.The next day it was gone. If one pops up for sale, it goes quick. Have your mind made up. Good luck.
Which dealership/state?

Which dealership/state?

It's interesting your Dealer worked with you on the port installed options - I was told by my Rep that they don't have any control over those options until they assume possession at the Dealer. Curious to know how it plays out for you.

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 10 66.7%
Back