GX550 Overtrail Vibration

Also am having the same brake replacement that stoberts have had and others. Parts coming in on Monday. Let’s see if it helps the vibration issues. I have noticed that when I drive in comfort mode my vibration is barely noticeable so I have been leaving it in that mode.

Swear the vibration comes & goes. Drove my typical route home from work & almost no vibration to speak of. Drive mode: Normal
That’s what I think some times and then jump on the freeway and get above 75 and there it is. Not feasible to drive more than 10-20 miles at freeway speeds before it’s intolerable. Bananas that Lexus won’t even try to chase it down. Several things they could try like put it on a 4WD dyno and eliminate road conditions. That would confirm drive train vs suspension.

That’s what I think some times and then jump on the freeway and get above 75 and there it is. Not feasible to drive more than 10-20 miles at freeway speeds before it’s intolerable. Bananas that Lexus won’t even try to chase it down. Several things they could try like put it on a 4WD dyno and eliminate road conditions. That would confirm drive train vs suspension.
Think 2 owners have already had theirs “Lemon lawed” its that bad. I hope they figure something out for us

Just remember to take this all with a grain of salt. Maybe the brakes fix it, maybe they don't, maybe a few vehicles are messed up, maybe a few people are sensitive. Maybe you need to get your tires road force ballanced. Maybe there is a problem on them all. I have seen one person who maybe got the car lemon lawed. Most people don't have an issue with this. Of course if you do, when you google it, this thread pops up, so we have anyone with an issue showing up here.

I didn't have an issue, put on bigger tires and noticed a vibration similar to what others have said. Got the tires ballanced and it went away. That doesn't mean it isn't an issue, just that it isn't an issue with mine or for me. But my brakes do squeal so I am getting that fixed, hopefully next week and it will be interesting to see if the ride changes at all.

I didn't have an issue, put on bigger tires and noticed a vibration similar to what others have said. Got the tires ballanced and it went away. That doesn't mean it isn't an issue, just that it isn't an issue with mine or for me. But my brakes do squeal so I am getting that fixed, hopefully next week and it will be interesting to see if the ride changes at all.
I had mine road force balance & it improved maybe slightly. Brake fix is scheduled for 11/1 so maybe that will help. Its fairly tolerable around town but long drives on the interstate are quite annoying, especially going around 80mph. Supervisor is taking another look at it while its getting the brake repair so we’ll see what he comes up with.

This is interesting. Motortrend lists chassis vibration as one of the cons for the GX in this article. Wonder if it’s the same vibration people are experiencing in this thread.

It lists it as a con at the top, but within the body of the article, it states: "...lamenting the vintage vibes its traditional body-on-frame was transmitting over bumps, which too often resulted in untoward rattling and creaking". I sure do wish they would have elaborated on that!!

It lists it as a con at the top, but within the body of the article, it states: "...lamenting the vintage vibes its traditional body-on-frame was transmitting over bumps, which too often resulted in untoward rattling and creaking". I sure do wish they would have elaborated on that!!
Ya I have chassis vibration but definitely no “rattling & creaking”

Back