🧑‍💻 GX550 Tech Tips and Tricks

Just to be clear you are referring to using it as a normal mirror i.e. with camera off ?
Which setting should I play with ? The brightness control only controls the "screen" brightness which is perfect anyways :-(
Oh no. Sorry. Was referring to the camera. The regular mirror is dark but I can see fine. Did you turn the auto brightness off? Maybe?

OK, it was driving me crazy so I downloaded the manual and looked it up. It's on page 257, but it is the Proactive Driving Assist feature. I think if you turn that off it should address your issue.
Not near my GX now but has anyone tried this to verify if that works? I sure hope so that drives me nuts!

I use the radar-assist cruise control but I had to turn off the lane tracking/steering assistance feature. It's neat to have the vehicle almost drive itself on wide-open long stretches of highway but it doesn't work well in city highway traffic. I also hate the dragging feeling on the steering wheel if you lane change without actuating the blinker and moving slowly and deliberately like a robot. I kept feeling like I was running something over or hitting bad pavement on the roads with all the weird steering wheel feedback.

What's really annoying is trying to figure out what electronic driving assist feature is called what and what menus you have to drill down into to turn this stuff on or off. I'd use the lane assist feature(s) if I could quick press a button to turn it on or off but you need to push about a 100 buttons and study the various menus to find that crap.

I also turned off the auto-braking almost immediately. I swear my mileage was so poor because this thing was always riding the brakes. It still auto-brakes with the radar cruise but I have the radar on the "follow closest" setting. Even following as close as possible I'm still getting passed left and right.

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 19 63.3%
Back