🧑‍💻 GX550 Tech Tips and Tricks

Anyone know how to get the A/C feature to automatically come on and stay on?
The ac is confusing. Ac will come on automatically even when the switch is not highlighted and it is not on auto and it is hot outside. In my car you have to press ac to turn on and then again to turn off for the ac to be manually off. Ac is off only when there is a line on top of the ac button that is not highlighted and is grayed out. If you see the words ac on the screen and no grayed out bar on top of ac that means the auto ac is on and that is why you get a puddle even when you think ac is off. It is actually on

The ac is confusing. Ac will come on automatically even when the switch is not highlighted and it is not on auto and it is hot outside. In my car you have to press ac to turn on and then again to turn off for the ac to be manually off. Ac is off only when there is a line on top of the ac button that is not highlighted and is grayed out. If you see the words ac on the screen and no grayed out bar on top of ac that means the auto ac is on and that is why you get a puddle even when you think ac is off. It is actually on
Thanks. Seems dumb that the A/C runs without having the blue light above the A/C button illuminated. I was in it earlier (it’s my wife’s car so I’ve barely driven it in 6-7 week) but I turned on the AC button then turned it back off and it started blowing warmer air. Just odd. Never seen that before in a car but also never had a Lexus before.

Thanks to @ sschreib for answering this.

Thanks to @ sschreib for answering this.
Try putting the mirror adjust switch to the left, usually one position causes dip the other does nothing.

Any tips to deal with Toyota/Lexus terrible sound quality when using bluetooth for phone calls? Wife's 2023 Highlander is horrible too. I took hers to dealer a while back and they say nothing wrong, but seems to me that the phone calls only come through the front tweeters, and not the whole sound system. It literally hurts my ears due to having so much treble. My 2010 4runner sounds leaps and bounds better than either the Highlander or the GX550. I have not asked the Lexus dealer about it yet, but I suspect I will get same answer as I did with the Highlander service dept.

finally got around to connecting to the dash cam. once I found the sheets of paper with the owner manuals, it is easy. I thought it was a FitCam, but it is not. The iPhone app is a lexus app on the App Store named lexus dash cam of course. while engine running, push the wifi button on the camera for about 2-3 seconds then you get a blue light there, using iPhone then connect to the camera wifi signal. the password is 1234567890. then open the Lexus dash cam app and it will force you to reset the default password. then start over by pushing wifi button on camera 2-3 seconds, then open the wifi connections on your iPhone and reconnect to the camera wifi using the new password and then open the lexus cam app and should be good to go.

finally got around to connecting to the dash cam. once I found the sheets of paper with the owner manuals, it is easy. I thought it was a FitCam, but it is not. The iPhone app is a lexus app on the App Store named lexus dash cam of course. while engine running, push the wifi button on the camera for about 2-3 seconds then you get a blue light there, using iPhone then connect to the camera wifi signal. the password is 1234567890. then open the Lexus dash cam app and it will force you to reset the default password. then start over by pushing wifi button on camera 2-3 seconds, then open the wifi connections on your iPhone and reconnect to the camera wifi using the new password and then open the lexus cam app and should be good to go.
1000020683.jpg

This video from the passenger side, wish I could adjust the camera up one level.

I wish that spot below the chargers was slightly taller. The iPhone 15 Pro Max is a little too tall and it extends towards the cupholder area. Annoyingly, the wireless charging spot is also slightly too small for the Pro Max iPhone and sits sideways in that tray. The new GX needs a better phone spot!

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Comfort

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Normal

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)