Hi from Australia

Troical Snowman

Mar 9, 2024
North Queensland Australia
Hi all, I’m new to the forum and just wanted to say hello👋. I put a deposit on a new Overtrail back in October and was told I was the first in Australia to order a GX and put a deposit on it (but I guarantee I won’t be the first to get one due to where we live). I do a lot of driving in the Outback and I think this will be the perfect car for us and I just can’t wait! The dealer said I might expect it to arrive May/June but we’ll see, we might get lucky and get it then.
Anyway, hello to everyone, I look forward to hearing about what people get up to in their 550’s

Hi all, I’m new to the forum and just wanted to say hello👋. I put a deposit on a new Overtrail back in October and was told I was the first in Australia to order a GX and put a deposit on it (but I guarantee I won’t be the first to get one due to where we live). I do a lot of driving in the Outback and I think this will be the perfect car for us and I just can’t wait! The dealer said I might expect it to arrive May/June but we’ll see, we might get lucky and get it then.
Anyway, hello to everyone, I look forward to hearing about what people get up to in their 550’s
Hope you get it sooner than later

Hi mate, I am from Sydney, did you receive your GX yet? Share some pics with the group, show them and Ronny D what they are missing out on. 😀👍 I am still waiting for my black GX OT but I only put the order in May.

What bars have you added to the front of your GX

Hi, sorry I hadn’t looked at the forum for a while, why? because the OT is still delayed, it should have been here last week and I’m hoping that it will be here this week… I still haven’t found any bull bars for it yet but I’ve narrowed down the spotties I want. Hopefully I can pick up the car this week, then it’ll have a 3,000km run it to Winton and Mt. Isa the following week.
The dealer has a Black OT demo and it’s beautiful, you won’t be disappointed!

Hi, sorry I hadn’t looked at the forum for a while, why? because the OT is still delayed, it should have been here last week and I’m hoping that it will be here this week… I still haven’t found any bull bars for it yet but I’ve narrowed down the spotties I want. Hopefully I can pick up the car this week, then it’ll have a 3,000km run it to Winton and Mt. Isa the following week.
The dealer has a Black OT demo and it’s beautiful, you won’t be disappointed!
Fingers crossed it comes next week! You will have to share some pics from your trip! 👍

For those of you from AUS, what’s the rep of the Prados? The haters are basically saying the new LC and GX are just rebadged prados/4 runners…

For those of you from AUS, what’s the rep of the Prados? The haters are basically saying the new LC and GX are just rebadged prados/4 runners…
It’s a shared platform now with some tech the same but the kinetic dynamic suspension system (KDSS) gives a better ride on the road for the Lexus than the new Prado from what I have seen plus the 3.4 litre engine makes a huge diff.
Additional luxuries on the Lexus include better sound system, noise cancelling glass (the difference is insane), stronger panels and engine is better in the Lexus as mentioned above. Not sure about reliability though… we will see 😀
All comes down to if you want an off road monster then you get a Land Cruiser, if you cannot stretch that far and you still want a capable motor (New) then the new Prado would be a choice just don’t fancy the 2 year wait I was quoted on a Prado Altitude back in June.
The Lexus GX is another level on top and is more like a luxury Land Cruiser Sahara but without the V8 thirst weight and price.
It just gives us more options, the things I don’t like about the Lexus GX OT is the small fuel tank, tyres are only 3 ply so not sure how they will last with constant deflating and I think the interior controls and vents look better on the Prado. Petrol engines for these types of motors in Australia are also a big concern, in the outback at a filling station you will get diesel but not guaranteed to get petrol, I know it sounds crazy just the majority off roaders here and trucks are diesel.

Thanks that makes a lot of sense. I’m really happy with my OT but can’t help but think how much of a 4Runner look it has- not a bad thing necessarily.

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Comfort

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Normal

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)