New to forum and new GX 550 OT + owner.

dr joe

Jul 26, 2024
Maryland
Love the new vehicle! Here are my peeves.
Ride is a little rougher than the '05, 180k miled Sequoia LTD I gave up, but in no way am I having any unusual vibrations like I have read in a couple posts. Yes, I feel the road a bit more and the bumps, but It is really not an issue and expected with the 33" tires on the made for off road vehicle.
Roof rack makes a significant howling sound from 40 mph and up. Lexus needs to come up with a solution. This is quite annoying. I see other complaints on this.
The heads up display needs to be able to adjust laterally. As I sit centered in the seat and have full heads up display field opened, the right side of the field is blocked out by the edge of the opening in the dash and is even worse if I lean on the cool box lid. I am right eye dominant and this is very amnoying also. I have had to go to mph field only and even that is somewhat blocked if I lean any to the right. Need to be able to direct the display to the left a bit.
Not very much cockpit storage space for items brought in like coffee, sunglasses, keys, ...
Gas mileage is yet to be determined, but it seems to guzzle more than my 14.9 mpg I got everywhere in the Sequoia. I thought that gauge was stuck!!
Lastly, the vehicle appears to cant downward to the passenger side when looking at it from behind, like it is not level when parked in my garage. Will need to verify this at other parking spots.
My praises
Mark Levinson system kicks ars!
Great accelleration and power. Great sound!
Comfy seats and clean luxury looking interior.
Cargo capacity is plenty for what I need golfing, fishing, hunting and off roading
Dash options and interior display.
Gonna keep this for 200k!!!

Love the new vehicle! Here are my peeves.
Ride is a little rougher than the '05, 180k miled Sequoia LTD I gave up, but in no way am I having any unusual vibrations like I have read in a couple posts. Yes, I feel the road a bit more and the bumps, but It is really not an issue and expected with the 33" tires on the made for off road vehicle.
Roof rack makes a significant howling sound from 40 mph and up. Lexus needs to come up with a solution. This is quite annoying. I see other complaints on this.
The heads up display needs to be able to adjust laterally. As I sit centered in the seat and have full heads up display field opened, the right side of the field is blocked out by the edge of the opening in the dash and is even worse if I lean on the cool box lid. I am right eye dominant and this is very amnoying also. I have had to go to mph field only and even that is somewhat blocked if I lean any to the right. Need to be able to direct the display to the left a bit.
Not very much cockpit storage space for items brought in like coffee, sunglasses, keys, ...
Gas mileage is yet to be determined, but it seems to guzzle more than my 14.9 mpg I got everywhere in the Sequoia. I thought that gauge was stuck!!
Lastly, the vehicle appears to cant downward to the passenger side when looking at it from behind, like it is not level when parked in my garage. Will need to verify this at other parking spots.
My praises
Mark Levinson system kicks ars!
Great accelleration and power. Great sound!
Comfy seats and clean luxury looking interior.
Cargo capacity is plenty for what I need golfing, fishing, hunting and off roading
Dash options and interior display.
Gonna keep this for 200k!!!
Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

It doesn't exist if you don't have pictures posted here..lol

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Comfort

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Normal

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 1 6.7%