Roughness while idling?

Everyone who has surging at idle.

Just got call from dealer.. The tech confirms..

Lol rest comfortabley.. Quote. "they all do it".. "an emissions related feature"

I suggested that lx owners not bringing this forward re their vehicles.. Asked them to notify lexus that they confirmed they see it in mine...

Also told. The brake squeak repair. Has another. Service bulletin today.. Just issued in addition to the one on 8th of October... Waiting to see a copy...

Everyone who has surging at idle.

Just got call from dealer.. The tech confirms..

Lol rest comfortabley.. Quote. "they all do it".. "an emissions related feature"

I suggested that lx owners not bringing this forward re their vehicles.. Asked them to notify lexus that they confirmed they see it in mine...

Also told. The brake squeak repair. Has another. Service bulletin today.. Just issued in addition to the one on 8th of October... Waiting to see a copy...
Dealer just told me my brake parts are available for order 🥳. Hope this also fixes the vibration issue as others have claimed

Sorry to hear your experience. I will say if you had expectation that your GX should “feel” like a BMW X5, then it will not. A more proper comparison would be to a pickup truck or other BOF suv.

If feeling nothing is what you’re looking for, go to a unibody bmw, audi, porsche, infiniti, acura, cuz no 550 will “feel” as smooth as those

On the other side of the coin, none of the other luxury brands i listed above have the offroad or towing capabilities of your 550, as you bought a luxury capable off-roader, not a pavement princess
Have you driven a LX570, LX600 or GX460? I have and the they all have BOF chassis and are smooth with non of the roughness of the GX550. This has nothing to do with unibody as the engine is rough at idling.

Edit: I agree that the unibodies with be smoother, I wasn't trying to compare the overall vehicle smoothness, just the engine. Maybe I should not have brought up the B58 as that is probably the industry benchmark for inline 6 and the GX has a V6.

Last edited:

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 19 63.3%
Back