Am I expecting too much from a Lexus Dealer

gvan1998

May 24, 2024
Media
MD
I just took my Overtrail to a Lexus dealer in Maryland for a 10k-mile service, which includes an oil change and a tire rotation.

I got the car back. However, the wheels have scratches inside where the wheel lugs are from the socket spinning. Are these damages expected? I know they will not take extra time just to remove the wheel. Additionally, they put a very small knick on the wheel, too. It's small and only noticeable when you know where it is. Is it my OCD, or is this expected at all mass-consumer dealers?

I just took my Overtrail to a Lexus dealer in Maryland for a 10k-mile service, which includes an oil change and a tire rotation.

I got the car back. However, the wheels have scratches inside where the wheel lugs are from the socket spinning. Are these damages expected? I know they will not take extra time just to remove the wheel. Additionally, they put a very small knick on the wheel, too. It's small and only noticeable when you know where it is. Is it my OCD, or is this expected at all mass-consumer dealers?
You should not accept damage like that from a Lexus dealer at all - period. I would go back and talk to the service manager - it's Lexus, not some slacker tire shop.

Unacceptable. Phone the service manager immediately

Sadly, it's become the norm. It's rare to find techs who will handle your rig with high the level of care it takes to avoid these small nicks etc. Running the air tool sloppily or letting it impact the rim is the likely cause. I would bring it up with the service Mgr. reminding him of the expectations. I have no intentions of bringing mine in for either of these two free BS services. Not worth my time and exposure to another ham fisted tech. Most of the items on the list are "check this and check that" and thusly have little to no value.

Back