Squealing Brakes 550 Overtrail

Live in Florida and our Overtrail+ with 1200 miles is parked in a climate-controlled garage. Squealing brakes (mostly in reverse) caused by condensation from humidity. Have many other cars without problem so interested to hear about Lexus fix.

Hi, new to the forum and to be quite honest, first time ever I join a forum, gx 559 premium plus 100 miles brake noise since new, picked up three weeks ago, at the dealer now waiting for Lexus to get back to them, since is the first one they have

Did wet/rain cause it? I have 900 miles. And all fine until heavy rains and big puddles on road. Temp has been between 79 and 95 f

I wonder if it's a wet weather issue..
I have just over 1600 miles on my OT and I have noted my breaks sequel when reversing when it is damp, on humid mornings or after washing. After it drys out / heats up I do not hear any more noise.

Below the answer from Lexus technician at our dealer
Good morning,
I did hear back from Technical Assistance over the weekend and they gave me new service part numbers for front brake components. They were ordered this morning and we will find out tomorrow how long it will take for them to arrive.

I asked him if this is an isolated issue and below his response
—————————————___
I don't have the numbers on how many GXs are involved, but I am aware that it also affects the new body style Tundra as well. I believe that is why new service parts are already available.

—————————————___
I don't have the numbers on how many GXs are involved, but I am aware that it also affects the new body style Tundra as well. I believe that is why new service parts are already available.
It would be helpfull to have you list those "New Part #'s" here.

—————————————___

Great! Please keep us posted. I was in a similar boat but they returned the vehicle and I was told that the parts are not available and will be notified when they become available.

Is it these?
IMG_2659.jpeg

I just heard a newer Land Cruiser brake squeal, from inside our showroom, as one of our employees was pulling out of a parking space. The sound is hideous! So it would appear that between the GX, the LC, and the Tundra, that's a whole lot of brakes that need to get replaced nationwide, so some folks are probably going to be waiting a while.

Can't say I'm disappointed we are still waiting for one to become available to us. I'd really rather have one with all these bugs worked out. I know the old saying about not buying a first year model, but my last 2 non-Toyota trucks were both 1st production run builds of a brand new design, powertrain, & electronics, and BOTH were/have been flawless, but both were pre-covid vehicles. I really think these issues are all a result of the covid shutdowns, because it seems that across the board, both foreign & domestic manufacturers have been having a lot more quality issues ever since.

Talked to my dealer today as I am 1,200 miles and the squealing is getting worse. They informed me that this is known issue and they are "waiting on Lexus" for a fix.
Do you have any videos of this happening? I’m trying to see if I have the same thing. I don’t “think” so. But I’m lux+ as well.

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 10 66.7%
Back