đź’¸ The 'official' I put my deposit down list...

Officially made a deposit on an Atomic Silver Overtrail thats allocated & in production. At MSRP and no dealer add ons. Damn was that difficult!

Put a deposit down on Eminent White Pearl Luxury plus last weekend. Dealership said they can't say how long to expect before it comes in. Not even an estimate but I reached back out to see if they could at least tell me how many people are ahead of me for the one I want. I'm assuming I can expect to wait at least 6 months?

I believe I've seen it mentioned here that some folks are putting in a deposit at multiple Lexus dealerships. Is that the recommended approach?

I have a deposit an Eminent White Pearl Luxury + that I was told by the dealership should be here by the first of August. Yesterday, the salesperson showed be on his laptop the current vehicle delivery status.

FYI, I was also told by my salesperson that they have (2) Gx550's on allocation that was not yet spoken for. Keep checking in with your salesperson as things are constantly changing when it comes to availability.

Put a deposit down on Eminent White Pearl Luxury plus last weekend. Dealership said they can't say how long to expect before it comes in. Not even an estimate but I reached back out to see if they could at least tell me how many people are ahead of me for the one I want. I'm assuming I can expect to wait at least 6 months?

I believe I've seen it mentioned here that some folks are putting in a deposit at multiple Lexus dealerships. Is that the recommended approach?
Welcome to the forum and good luck.

Welcome to the forum and good luck.
Thank you!

Speaking of, I just found another Lexus dealership that has one unclaimed on the lot. I kind of feel obligated to stay with the local dealership but, they haven't given any sort of timeline (not that they can). Also, we are thinking of trading in my wife's new QX-60 for a TX once they sell those again. Local dealership told me they definitely would be able to discount us on a TX but just not on the GX. Assuming any Lexus dealership would do that but not sure.

May call the local dealership and be transparent with them and see what answers I get.

Thank you!

Speaking of, I just found another Lexus dealership that has one unclaimed on the lot. I kind of feel obligated to stay with the local dealership but, they haven't given any sort of timeline (not that they can). Also, we are thinking of trading in my wife's new QX-60 for a TX once they sell those again. Local dealership told me they definitely would be able to discount us on a TX but just not on the GX. Assuming any Lexus dealership would do that but not sure.

May call the local dealership and be transparent with them and see what answers I get.
Both of the Lexus dealers near me were open about the wait time. I made sure to tell them I wasn't looking for an exact date, just a general idea and, of course, things can change so it's not like I was expecting to hold to a date range, I just wanted an idea of approximately how long the wait was. This was 6 weeks ago. The deanship I went with said their official waitlist time is 9 - 12 months but it was likely that it could be sooner. I'm good with that - if I have to wait a few months I want to go ahead and get a 2025 since I'm fine driving my current car until the new GX arrives.

I have a deposit an Eminent White Pearl Luxury + that I was told by the dealership should be here by the first of August. Yesterday, the salesperson showed be on his laptop the current vehicle delivery status.

FYI, I was also told by my salesperson that they have (2) Gx550's on allocation that was not yet spoken for. Keep checking in with your salesperson as things are constantly changing when it comes to availability.
Agreed. If anyone is itching to get into a GX, people are often dropping out of their allocations. My salesperson texted me a couple weeks ago about an incognito prem+ at MSRP. Passed since I’m waiting for an OT. With where I am on the waitlist, I would be getting mine early to mid-2025 if I were to wait it out.

Could someone give a good guess as to when the 2025 GX's would be hitting dealer lots? I'm new to the new car game.

Also, what are the pros of waiting for the 2025, and what would Lexus change for that year's 550?

The few dealers in Texas that I spoke with all said that their allocation lists are 6-12 months out. I had a deposit in with one dealer, but got it refunded after they just estimated 350 people and 9months of deliveries ahead of me. I'm in no rush, and at this point a deposit doesn't seem necessary.

Cheers!

Could someone give a good guess as to when the 2025 GX's would be hitting dealer lots? I'm new to the new car game.

Also, what are the pros of waiting for the 2025, and what would Lexus change for that year's 550?

The few dealers in Texas that I spoke with all said that their allocation lists are 6-12 months out. I had a deposit in with one dealer, but got it refunded after they just estimated 350 people and 9months of deliveries ahead of me. I'm in no rush, and at this point a deposit doesn't seem necessary.

Cheers!
My guess is that the 2025s will be on the dealer lots sometime in late October / early November. But that's just speculation based on traditional cut over to building the new model year in mid to late September.

As for what the difference between 2024 and 2025 will be, I'm guessing nothing. But, having a model year newer can make a slight difference when it comes time to sell it and get a new vehicle.

My guess is that the 2025s will be on the dealer lots sometime in late October / early November. But that's just speculation based on traditional cut over to building the new model year in mid to late September.

As for what the difference between 2024 and 2025 will be, I'm guessing nothing. But, having a model year newer can make a slight difference when it comes time to sell it and get a new vehicle.
I put my deposit for early May of this year on an eminent white luxury model. I told my dealer I’m willing to wait for the color and options that I wanted. I initially wanted the OT+ but it does not offer a 3rd row seats.

Per sales rep, no changes to 2025 in terms of features offered. 2026 model may offer some changes or added new features. I will also let Lexus address all the issues reported from this forum.

Thanks. I shouldn't say I'm new to the new car thing- I did buy a new Rivian R1T when they first came out- What a difference in buying experience! It would be nice if all manufacturers would sell direct to consumers. When I showed up to take delivery of my R1T, the salesperson showed me my truck, got in it with me, and asked if I had any questions, and got out and then let me drive off. All paperwork already taken care of during the order process and I had the exact truck that I built online. This car dealership thing seems like a racket... all of these dealer add-ons for things that I would pay not to have, let alone want. I got a call from my local Lexus dealership to see if I wanted an Overtrail + that the buyer backed out from. He said it was $98k. I didn't even ask what was added on to that one.

Thank you!

I went to the other dealership and got super lucky as someone just changed their mind. Brought home my white Luxury + last night.

Reactions: JPE
Congrats on the find. Post some pics.

IMG_3459.jpeg

IMG_3451.jpeg

Joined a no deposit required list on 2/22/24. Weeks/months of silence and no replies to inquiries and after another follow up request by me, a new sales person responded to me on 5/16 that he was taking care of me. Amazing experience. He informed me of incoming available VIN configurations, kept me up to date during QC hold, and today, I took home my Premium+/Caviar/Saddle Tan GX.

I went to the other dealership and got super lucky as someone just changed their mind. Brought home my white Luxury + last night.
Congrats! I had a similar situation where I just wanted to test drive one a couple weeks ago and they had nothing to test and didn’t know when they would have one. Then this past weekend they had one to test drive, and I was the first person to test drive it. As it wasn’t spoken for, I bit and now am joining team gx with a new lux+ in incognito. :)

Congrats! I had a similar situation where I just wanted to test drive one a couple weeks ago and they had nothing to test and didn’t know when they would have one. Then this past weekend they had one to test drive, and I was the first person to test drive it. As it wasn’t spoken for, I bit and now am joining team gx with a new lux+ in incognito. :)
Congrats!

Back