đź‘‹ Welcome to the Lexus GX 550 Forum! Please post an introduction thread!

Hello from South Georgia. Placed an order for a Caviar Premium+ on July 19th. Hoping to see it before the end of the year. Keeping our fingers crossed. Lots of good info on the site. Keep up the good work. Hope I can contribute when we finally get ours.

Hi everyone! Here in Miami. The GX 550 will be my first Lexus. Previously was in a 2013 4Runner, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, and recently a 2023 2 door Bronco. Placed a deposit for a Premium + in Caviar. This forum helped me decide on the Premium + (need 3 rows, the 20 inch wheels for perhaps some more road comfort, and the captains chairs). The 4Runner was excellent. The Discovery was incredible in every way but put on 100k and it started to have many problems. The Bronco is fun but two small for the kids and I dislike the cloth seats. I’ll keep my eyes out for issues with vibration and the hood. I do think the Overland trim looks the best and especially the ones with black contrast roof. Perhaps a 3 row version will come out in the future. Deposit and VIN selected on 9/20 and dealer reports it will arrive 10/18. Hoping for the best. Hoping for the best. Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_0130.jpeg
    IMG_0130.jpeg
    133.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.

There are some dealers out there that are getting allocations but you may have to go outside of your area to find a GX on the lot to trade in on. Or, you can get on the waitlist and trade your cars in when it arrives.
Hi, the dealership I am using in Pembroke Pines in Florida prides itself in selling at MSRP (they are reportedly the largest volume Lexus dealer in USA). Also I know they have ones available arriving in October/November. They just updated me today that the VIN my deposit was initially on for a November arrival could be switched to an earlier arrival for 10/18. So that November one is available. They take a $1,000 deposit.

Hey all, Stephen here from the Collierville, TN (suburb of Memphis). Past owner of 2002 4Runner and current owner of 2016 4Runner. I was dead set on getting the new 2025 redesign of the 4Runner until Lexus released the all new GX. I’m on the waitlist for a 2025 OT+ in incognito / black roof with chateau interior. I’m currently #2 on the list. Wish Lexus offered the saddle tan in the OT trims though as that would be my #1 choice. Anyway, looking forward to learning about the GX from everyone. Posted comments an hour ago to a chat on some OT owners having issues with vibrations and squeaky brakes. Very unfortunate to hear and I hope that Lexus would come out with a fix soon. This is precisely why I specified a 2025 model year and hope my vehicle will be free of issues.

Hello all! Looking for advice on the GX 550 Luxury+ for my wife. Trying to decide on Incognito or Atomic Silver-leaning toward the latter with the brown leather. Have that color in our Sequoia interior that needs to be downgraded to a secondary vehicle. Have a '20 Tundra, '91 Land Cruiser and a last year available 200 series Land Cruiser

Hey all, Stephen here from the Collierville, TN (suburb of Memphis). Past owner of 2002 4Runner and current owner of 2016 4Runner. I was dead set on getting the new 2025 redesign of the 4Runner until Lexus released the all new GX. I’m on the waitlist for a 2025 OT+ in incognito / black roof with chateau interior. I’m currently #2 on the list. Wish Lexus offered the saddle tan in the OT trims though as that would be my #1 choice. Anyway, looking forward to learning about the GX from everyone. Posted comments an hour ago to a chat on some OT owners having issues with vibrations and squeaky brakes. Very unfortunate to hear and I hope that Lexus would come out with a fix soon. This is precisely why I specified a 2025 model year and hope my vehicle will be free of issues.
Welcome.

Hello all! Looking for advice on the GX 550 Luxury+ for my wife. Trying to decide on Incognito or Atomic Silver-leaning toward the latter with the brown leather. Have that color in our Sequoia interior that needs to be downgraded to a secondary vehicle. Have a '20 Tundra, '91 Land Cruiser and a last year available 200 series Land Cruiser
Welcome to the forum.

Ask her what color she likes the best and then buy that one, no questions.

Hi Everyone - Ordered a GX550 Luxury+ in September 22, 2023 and took delivery September 30, 2024. Eminent White Pearl with Saddle Tan interior. NW Louisiana area. Moved from a 2019 Ford Expedition EL Platinum to the GX 550. I wanted to downsize after the kids left home. (may have gone to the extreme with this). I am the past owner of 2 GX 's models, 470 & 460, both were my wife's cars. Currently, we have 2017 Porsche Macan GTS, 2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 F-250 diesel, 1977 Ford Bronco & 2022 Ford Bronco. Looking forward to seeing everyone's post and advise.

Attachments

• 2024 GX550.jpg
    2024 GX550.jpg
    430.4 KB · Views: 19
Hi Everyone - Ordered a GX550 Luxury+ in September 22, 2023 and took delivery September 30, 2024. Eminent White Pearl with Saddle Tan interior. NW Louisiana area. Moved from a 2019 Ford Expedition EL Platinum to the GX 550. I wanted to downsize after the kids left home. (may have gone to the extreme with this). I am the past owner of 2 GX 's models, 470 & 460, both were my wife's cars. Currently, we have 2017 Porsche Macan GTS, 2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 F-250 diesel, 1977 Ford Bronco & 2022 Ford Bronco. Looking forward to seeing everyone's post and advise.
Congrats and welcome to the forum.

Lets see some pics or it doesn't exist.

Hello All. Looking to buy a GX550. Im from Portland, OR. I'm a long time owner of 4Runners and looking forward to getting in a GX.
I've always had built 4Runners but this will be pretty mild. More of a DD with some small mods.
Will post up once I get my new rig.

Hello All. Looking to buy a GX550. Im from Portland, OR. I'm a long time owner of 4Runners and looking forward to getting in a GX.
I've always had built 4Runners but this will be pretty mild. More of a DD with some small mods.
Will post up once I get my new rig.
Welcome to the forum and happy hunting.

Have you figured out the model/color combo you want?

Hello from Colorado. I put in my deposit for an incognito or caviar premium+ yesterday. I've been a lifelong Honda owner but not a fan of the new pilot redesign. I will be replacing my 2010 Honda Pilot that currently has 145k miles. I'm excited to be on this new adventure but this wait is going to be BRUTAL!

Hello from Bowling Green, Ky I have an OT+ Eminent White with the shaky vibration problem.
Found this forum searching for solutions to the problem. Thanks for letting my join, happy to be here!

So happy to be taking the GX550 P+ in Caviar home today! Very grateful. Thank you to everyone for your help and posts on this forum.

Attachments

• IMG_1025.jpeg
    IMG_1025.jpeg
    297.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 2 6.7%