GX550 Mudflaps

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 12, 2023
Media
Alamogordo, NM
017-2024-lexus-gx-550-overtrail-jaos-tokyo-auto-salon.jpeg

Is anyone considering adding mud flaps to the GX550? It's something I'll probably do, however I haven't come across any options other than the ones shown on the JAOS GX a while back.

I'm interested in adding some mud flaps to ours. I'm surprised Lexus doesn't offer mud flaps as an accessory since the Land Cruiser has a substantial mud flap option.

That's the thing bothering me about mine currently. I got an Overtrail+ with rock rails. The problem is the running boards kind of block rocks and debris from flinging up on the lower part of the door just above the plastic trim that protects the very bottom. Since that part of the door faces a little more downwards I'm worried it's going to catch a crapload of rock chips if I go down a gravel road, which I tend to frequent. Will let everyone know if I find any mudflaps or protective films that might fit well in that area.

Every single one of my old Jeep Wranglers had door hinges that were chipped up for the same reason.

I'm looking into making a set of short mudflaps that just come down to about the level of the side sill. Something to provide coverage for the area pictured below. It's just thick rubber that is easy to cut and then bevel the edge. I'm really interested in those Jaos extended fender flares....

Attachments

• mudflaps.jpg
    mudflaps.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 188
I'm looking into making a set of short mudflaps that just come down to about the level of the side sill. Something to provide coverage for the area pictured below. It's just thick rubber that is easy to cut and then bevel the edge. I'm really interested in those Jaos extended fender flares....
I have some old defender flares I may cut up and try, but hoping someone had something fit up without any cutting/customizing. With the stock tire setup on the OT, you definitely sling mud/dirt/water all over the side and rear.

I purchased on ebay from a China seller. They were stamped with Toyota and the correct part # for '24 Land Cruiser and came with hardware. The front holes lined up perfectly. They would have been a perfect fit for the front if not for the running boards. The rear are not even close, I was going to cut them, but decided it wasn't worth the effort. I can't say that I particular like having to cut the front in, but they look ok, you really don't notice unless you are looking for it.

How did the rears NOT fit? Did the holes not line up? They mount behind the rear tire so the running board is not in the way.....

Their the correct shape, but the bottom of the flap is about 1.5 inches below where I think it should be. I would need to add an L bracket to attach to the bottom of the fender. If it did fit, there are not any existing holes, that line up, I would have to drill holes. After seeing this, I just ordered the JAOs flaps. I wanted to go by a Toyota dealer and look at how they are installed, but didn't get a chance.

FYI, Landcruiser 1958 mudflaps mount differently compared to regular landcruiser due to different wheel cladding

Their the correct shape, but the bottom of the flap is about 1.5 inches below where I think it should be. I would need to add an L bracket to attach to the bottom of the fender. If it did fit, there are not any existing holes, that line up, I would have to drill holes. After seeing this, I just ordered the JAOs flaps. I wanted to go by a Toyota dealer and look at how they are installed, but didn't get a chance.
From where did you order the Jaos flaps? Can you provide a link? Thx

From where did you order the Jaos flaps? Can you provide a link? Thx
Never mind. I found them on eBay. After looking at them, I think i prefer an all black look without the Jaos branding and white trim. My future OT+ is going to be the two tone Incognito/black roof and I want to stick with the all black contrast to the cool gray paint. If anyone has found non Jaos mudflaps that are all black, please post. Thx

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 19 63.3%
Back