👋 Welcome to the Lexus GX 550 Forum! Please post an introduction thread!

Welcome to the site @TroyI -- the deposits people put down just secure their place in line for orders. Not an actual order. Once the order books open up the car will likely be pretty popular so those who get the orders in first will be the ones who get the earlier cars.
Welcome and good luck with your purchase. I think your spot on to change from the 2014 JKUR.

Hi from NW MT. New member here coming from the Land Cruiser site and the 4Runner forum. Keeping a look out for 2024 LC or GX550 to possibly replace our 2020 4Runner ORP. I anticipate supply issues will exist for both models. Time will tell. Leaning toward LC as the dealer is only an hour away; Lexus is 4-1/2 hours.
I
LexusGXForum.com is all about the all new, completely redesigned 2024 Lexus GX. Our goal is to be the #1 resource for Lexus GX 550 owners and enthusiasts.

To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves.

Please help us keep this site friendly and informative! Thanks in advance.
Hi im new here…

GX550 Overtrail
Chicago

Attachments

• 5E765438-45CD-40A8-BB8F-18BF9DD33685.jpeg
    5E765438-45CD-40A8-BB8F-18BF9DD33685.jpeg
    306.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 473A7C93-3A6D-41BC-9740-9BE22C180168.jpeg
    473A7C93-3A6D-41BC-9740-9BE22C180168.jpeg
    307.7 KB · Views: 66
Hey what's up everybody- new here to this site. I just purchased a GX 550 Overtrail, my previous daily was a 1st gen 06 Tundra. Looking forward to driving and enjoying this beautiful machine for years to come.

LexusGXForum.com is all about the all new, completely redesigned 2024 Lexus GX. Our goal is to be the #1 resource for Lexus GX 550 owners and enthusiasts.

To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves.

Please help us keep this site friendly and informative! Thanks in advance.
Thanks for letting me join. Currently waiting to get my GX550. Currently have a 2015 Nissan Armada Platinum Reserve. I live around the KC area. Local dealership here has been great to work with. They have called and offered me several of the ones coming in, but they are not a true match for what I am looking for. It is mainly the Saddle Tan Semi-aniline leather and Brown Grained trim that I want. Just about everything hitting here has all black, and it is just way too much black (drove one in Tucson). Look forward to all the great information and folks here

Thanks for letting me join. Currently waiting to get my GX550. Currently have a 2015 Nissan Armada Platinum Reserve. I live around the KC area. Local dealership here has been great to work with. They have called and offered me several of the ones coming in, but they are not a true match for what I am looking for. It is mainly the Saddle Tan Semi-aniline leather and Brown Grained trim that I want. Just about everything hitting here has all black, and it is just way too much black (drove one in Tucson). Look forward to all the great information and folks here
Welcome.

Looks like a great forum. My GX 550 Overtrail+ will be here mid-August. Very excited to get it, new adventure vehicle for all our PNW adventures. We’ll be doing a cross-country trip with it towards end of Sept.

HI, GX550 overtrail plus on its way from Japan. Can't wait. I had a 1996 Land Cruiser and it was my favorite vehicle ever. It will be used in the woods of Maine and is replacing my Grand Cherokee!

Last edited:
What's up all! New to this forum. Late June, I've made the decision to trade my beloved 2019 Toyota Tacoma for this 2024 Lexus GX550 Overtrail. I thought it was going to be a hard transition for me since I really loved my truck, and I've done so much to it. But after driving it out of the lot, it wasn't so bad after all! :LOL:

I do plan on doing some upgrades here and there. The first thing I did was tint all windows and full PPF wrap on the entire front since I've been such a magnet to rock chips as of late.

The second thing is that I"m trying to install my FrontRunner awning to the pre-installed roof rack that came with the GX. But after researching this more, it appears that the bracket and bolt options that came with the awning are not compatible with this roof rack at all. And I will need to either purchase an aftermarket roof rack or get very creative with bolts, screws, etc to work with this non-modular roof rack.

As far as any other upgrades, I'm just going to have to wait and see what all the vendors come out with. I have lots of time, and I'm in no rush.

What's up all! New to this forum. Late June, I've made the decision to trade my beloved 2019 Toyota Tacoma for this 2024 Lexus GX550 Overtrail. I thought it was going to be a hard transition for me since I really loved my truck, and I've done so much to it. But after driving it out of the lot, it wasn't so bad after all! :LOL:

I do plan on doing some upgrades here and there. The first thing I did was tint all windows and full PPF wrap on the entire front since I've been such a magnet to rock chips as of late.

The second thing is that I"m trying to install my FrontRunner awning to the pre-installed roof rack that came with the GX. But after researching this more, it appears that the bracket and bolt options that came with the awning are not compatible with this roof rack at all. And I will need to either purchase an aftermarket roof rack or get very creative with bolts, screws, etc to work with this non-modular roof rack.

As far as any other upgrades, I'm just going to have to wait and see what all the vendors come out with. I have lots of time, and I'm in no rush.
Congrats and welcome to the forum. Post some pics of your new wheels.

Latest Discussions

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 9 69.2%
Back