Where’s the All Weather Cargo Mat??

ckjk

Sep 24, 2024
Oklahoma
Got my 2024 GX 550 and there’s this little strip across the cargo area that’s suppose to be the All Weather Mat!! WHERE CAN I GET A MAT FOR TH ENTIRE CARGO AREA?? Geez!

Seems like Lexus actually believes the space behind the 3rd row to be the cargo area which is laughable.

I went through other threads on the same topic and there doesnt seem to be a part OEM or otherwise that covers the actual cargo area and is able to bend with the 3rd row.

Seems like Lexus actually believes the space behind the 3rd row to be the cargo area which is laughable.

I went through other threads on the same topic and there doesnt seem to be a part OEM or otherwise that covers the actual cargo area and is able to bend with the 3rd row.
Thank you! I was shocked when I saw only that small strip at the back. I never have the third row seats up, so I need an all weather mat that covers the complete cargo area. I found one on the web that says it will fit but I’m not sure about it yet. I’ve contacted the dealership to make sure.
This was a bad call for Lexus!

The parts guy just told me that he’s not sure that this mat would cover everything in the cargo area. Apparently it’s not like a original equipment for the GX 550.

IIRC from another thread, someone ordered it but ended up getting the same small strip. When they complained dealer said Lexus has the wrong pictures on the website for the partnumber.

I had the same complaint when I bought all the mats and the cargo was a useless piece of crap. I gave my dealer shit when he didn't want to go under MSRP so I asked him to throw in the OT cargo mat (didnt know it wasn't a direct fit at the time). So now I have the OT cargo mat and it still works (just a bit narrower in the mid section and a bit longer)...

I guess the thought was that there would be no where to store the full sized mat when you do put up the third row. That did not seem to be a concern with the Tonneau cover which has no where to go when the third row is up. Hopefully and after market mat will be available soon.

I guess the thought was that there would be no where to store the full sized mat when you do put up the third row. That did not seem to be a concern with the Tonneau cover which has no where to go when the third row is up. Hopefully and after market mat will be available soon.
One is already available by weathertech

I ordered a Weathertech cargo mat yesterday. It appears in the photo that it may have one seam which would allow it to be folded and placed between the third row and the back door. Once I get it I will confirm fit and take photo's.

Thank you! I was shocked when I saw only that small strip at the back. I never have the third row seats up, so I need an all weather mat that covers the complete cargo area. I found one on the web that says it will fit but I’m not sure about it yet. I’ve contacted the dealership to make sure.
This was a bad call for Lexus!
Can you share a pick of the all weather cargo Matt offered by Lexus please? Thanks

Attached are photos of the Cargo Mat that comes with the
All-Weather Floor Liners with Cargo Mat Port installed option $390.00
Premium + model. Don't know what comes with the OT

Attachments

• tempImageTA7H2E.png
    tempImageTA7H2E.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 51
  • tempImage8rpBul.png
    tempImage8rpBul.png
    2 MB · Views: 51
  • tempImagewj3UD2.png
    tempImagewj3UD2.png
    2 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Got my 2024 GX 550 and there’s this little strip across the cargo area that’s suppose to be the All Weather Mat!! WHERE CAN I GET A MAT FOR TH ENTIRE CARGO AREA?? Geez!
It's really annoying there was no cargo mat behind the second row. I called the dealership thinking it was a mistake. It was included with my two prior GXs.

I hit up a Canadian dealer regarding the front mud flaps that they get on their OT’s that we don’t get in Australia and also asked about the mats. There are definitely 2 different part numbers.

His response below.

The cargo liners differ depending on whether the car is configured as a 5 passenger or 7 passenger vehicle. The 5 passenger version is PT908-60247-20 and costs $120.00. The 7 passenger version is PT908-60248-20 and costs $100.00. These are both readily available at this time.

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 19 63.3%
Back