GX550 purchase cancelled

I'm soon to be 53 years old and I've always bought used to let someone else take the depreciation hit and I'm a cheap ass when it comes to new car prices. After 25 straight years of Land Rover ownership and frustration and expense with repair & maintenance, I decided to spoil myself with a new GX550. I've had many successful years in a row in my business so the affordability isn't an issue. I'll be spoiled with the fact that it's a Toyota product that will run forever vs. a Land Rover piece of junk, with a full factory warranty for 4 years / 50k miles, with an extended warranty for another 3 years / 50k miles, and with pre-paid maintenance through 75k miles. I researched every truck option from the new Defender 110 & 130 to turbo-diesel Tahoes to the Ineos Grenadier. Nothing ticks all the boxes of comfort, off-road capability, quality, looks, size, etc. like the GX550. The only downside (and it's a big downside) is the tiny gas tank and the poor fuel economy. If Long Range America doesn't come out with a replacement tank in the next year I'll go nuts.

I'm soon to be 53 years old and I've always bought used to let someone else take the depreciation hit and I'm a cheap ass when it comes to new car prices. After 25 straight years of Land Rover ownership and frustration and expense with repair & maintenance, I decided to spoil myself with a new GX550. I've had many successful years in a row in my business so the affordability isn't an issue. I'll be spoiled with the fact that it's a Toyota product that will run forever vs. a Land Rover piece of junk, with a full factory warranty for 4 years / 50k miles, with an extended warranty for another 3 years / 50k miles, and with pre-paid maintenance through 75k miles. I researched every truck option from the new Defender 110 & 130 to turbo-diesel Tahoes to the Ineos Grenadier. Nothing ticks all the boxes of comfort, off-road capability, quality, looks, size, etc. like the GX550. The only downside (and it's a big downside) is the tiny gas tank and the poor fuel economy. If Long Range America doesn't come out with a replacement tank in the next year I'll go nuts.
Cool story and congrats! Agree with you on the small tank. I’d be surprised if a larger one isn’t available soon. Hang in there…

FYI. I’ve had my 550 OT+ for about a month now and about 1000 mi. It’s a little bumpy on not well maintained city streets but very smooth on good highways. I’ve had no problems with vibrations, brake noise or noticeable hood flutter as others have mentioned. I owned a landcruiser in the past and have a 2002 lx 470 which is pretty cushy and the 550 ride is somewhere in between. Remember it’s still a body on frame truck. I love this truck . Just had a full front PPF and full ceramic coating and just installed a westcott roof rack myself.

Attachments

• IMG_4415.jpeg
    IMG_4415.jpeg
    378.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4413.jpeg
    IMG_4413.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 24

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Comfort

Votes: 6 40.0%