GX550 Real World MPG

I've hired a flatbed to drive my GX around on back - seeing an improvement to about 16.1mpg. By the time I add in the driver wages and renting the truck - I can off set that with the dramatic fuel savings I'm seeing. A bit tough to get the truck into the garage at night - but thinking I could hire a contractor to help remodel the garage - again, fully funded with gas savings.

Wonder if I should try driving only down hill for October and compare the results?
😂😂😂😂😂

My trip total was 1546 miles over 4 days. Just ticked over from 20.9 to 21 mpg coming into my home town of Spokane WA. We spent a day and half in Boise for parents weekend with multiple short trips in stop-n-go and only noticed 2 tenths drop. I can't ever see dropping below 20 mpg in mine. I do soft pedal it and rarely sit at idle though.

Did some towing a week or so ago with my 23 foot airstream. It weighs about 5300 dry, maybe had a could hundred of cargo in the trailer - we travel very light. Averaged about 68~70 on the highway, mostly flat areas, no hard winds or anything. Ended up between 11.8 and 12.2 MPG both ways, I think the final was 12 MPG on the dot. Not bad IMO.

I went to see my dad for his 89th birthday yesterday. I reset the meter, put in in Eco mode and drove the speed limit for about 160 miles. It made it to 20MPG. Otherwise, with my daily city driving in Normal mode, it gets 15.5.

Could people please post speeds when talking about highway miles? There's a world of difference between 60mph and 85mph on fuel economy.

Could people please post speeds when talking about highway miles? There's a world of difference between 60mph and 85mph on fuel economy.
65/70 mph for 1400 hwy miles and roughly 50 city miles at 0-40 mph. Currently sitting at 21.1 mpg and has not been reset since picking it up new this past Thur.

Exactly, today I was on the 101 on both the east and west sides of town, on the I-10, on the 60, and on the I-10/I-17 truck bypass. It's 80-85 minimum everywhere. The snowbirds are back and they mainly stay off the highways but there are always a few in the right lane going 55 and they are like car-sized boulders in a raging river.

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 19 63.3%
Back