GX550 Aftermarket Wheel & Tire Thread

Not a stupid question. Everyone has to start somewhere and you would never have known this if you’ve never purchased a set of aftermarket wheels. They do not come with lug nuts. However, you can reuse the stock lug nuts most of the time.
My Friend, thanks for helping out but he wont be able to use these GX lugnuts, they are designed differently, meaning a lip around the outer circumference of the lugnuts they will never enter an aftermarket wheel

Hi all, I have a prem+ that starts build this next week and I am looking into upgrading the wheels and tires. I have a trip planned to Utah in Oct and would like to have set of AT's to be able to go off-roading to get to unique areas to photograph. I am not planning on rock climbing but want a setup that will get me there and back in once piece. I have been looking at getting a set of the overtrail rims 18x7.5's but have not been able to find much avail. They are very popular it seems... What other after market wheels / tires would work? The Toyo Open Country A/T III tires look appealing and I see I can get them to fit the factory 20" wheels but I am not in love with the look of the stock wheels on top of concerns of wheel damage due to the size and lower profile tires they support.

Would a 285/60r20 with +20 offset 20x9 wheel work without rubbing?

We currently have that configuration on a 21 tahoe z71 no rubbing, gives some wdith to the stance, looks aftermarket enough, but isnt crazy and didnt need any lift or level

Anyone thought about Warn wheels? I have these on my Jeep...

Edit: Blah, looks like they won't fit. Too bad :(

0005324_epic-wheels-diamond-cutter-gunmetal-106688.jpeg

My Friend, thanks for helping out but he wont be able to use these GX lugnuts, they are designed differently, meaning a lip around the outer circumference of the lugnuts they will never enter an aftermarket wheel
Would that depend on the wheel design then? Not doubting your claim, but maybe some aftermarket wheels fitting the GX might have wider holes for the lugs nuts?

Anyone thought about Warn wheels? I have these on my Jeep...

Edit: Blah, looks like they won't fit. Too bad :(

View attachment 2015

Never heard of them, but they would look nice on a GX

Can I ask, how much this cost ya? I have pretty much the same setup and definitely like those rims more than the Prem+ stock.
I paid $550 for the wheels and tires, but that was a great deal. I saw several sets on Facebook Marketplace that were asking ~$1200. I’ve read that $800-1000 is a common price for someone selling theirs off a new Tundra.

Edited:
I also paid a shop $140 to swap the TPMS, balance, and install.
They missed a tire balancing so I took it to a shop right by the house and paid another $100 for them to rebalance. One wheel was 4.5oz off and vibrating above 70mph. All good now. So all in, $790.

Last edited:
Great info about the 2022 Supra TPMS working just fine.with aftermarket wheels!

For the lugs, after researching a bit, are definitely M14x1.5 which are widely available. I can't speak about the OEM ones yet with other wheels but it makes some sense that those lugs may not work with aftermarket wheels. I'm gonna use Project Kics Monolith (from my Tesla Model Y), but any Gorilla, Rays, Project Kics or cheaper options from ebay or Amazon should be fine.

lies from an Uninformed dealer, I installed aftermarket wheels and tires using TMPS from a 2022 supra and my GX550 systems recognized them and worked fine, which CONFIRMED to me that toyota TMPS are interchangeable, we live and learn, that my middle name by the way, Mad Maximus, lol
315 or 433 mhz?

If anyone is planning on swapping out their 18" Overtrail stock wheels, I'd be interested in buying them. I'm in the pacific northwest and can meet in this region, but also willing to look at shipping. PM me if you're interested.
Hey, I am not sure if I am too late on this but I replaced my 18 inch stock Overtrail wheels. The tires have 600 miles on them. I live in IL and can ship them.

Does anyone have suggestions on what rims and tires they would recommend to replace the 22” OEM setup on the Luxury? Looking for something to provide a better ride. Thanks!
I'm looking for something similar. I don't want to super rugged offroad look. so any lift / 17" is probably out of the question for me. Just want to dress it up a little. so maybe a 20" design with a tad more aggressive tread would be a good compromise. These can also act as my winter tires. I also don't want to throw my speedo off too much as this is my daily driver, so sticking around 33" would be ideal.

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Comfort

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Normal

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)