GX550 Real World MPG

Also just realized it defaults to ac on. Even when auto is not on. Even when the ac switch is not on. The car defaults to ac on. Only way to turn it off that I have found is to turn ac on and then off. You can feel the ac turn off

Also just realized it defaults to ac on. Even when auto is not on. Even when the ac switch is not on. The car defaults to ac on. Only way to turn it off that I have found is to turn ac on and then off. You can feel the ac turn off
Do you have the cool box option in the center console? I think someone on here was saying that if you have the cool box on you cannot turn off the AC.

Do you have the cool box option in the center console? I think someone on here was saying that if you have the cool box on you cannot turn off the AC.
I don’t have the cool box. I just read in another forum that almost all new lexuses default to ac on on start when it’s hot out, even when ac light and auto is not on and confirmed this was a feature according to the dealer. I just turned my “auto-ac off” in the options menu to see if it makes any difference. But this explains why I saw a puddle of water under my car even when ac was “off”

15.4 with around 800 miles of mixed driving. Filled up our 5th tank of gas this morning. (Haven't been less than about 25 miles to E yet.) Gauge said 275 miles to empty. So far after a little over a week of having it the size of the fuel tank is really my only big complaint. 21 gal that doesn't go 300 miles is ridiculous.

15.4 with around 800 miles of mixed driving. Filled up our 5th tank of gas this morning. (Haven't been less than about 25 miles to E yet.) Gauge said 275 miles to empty. So far after a little over a week of having it the size of the fuel tank is really my only big complaint. 21 gal that doesn't go 300 miles is ridiculous.
I am with you. I am at 541 miles, mostly city driving, and at an average of 12.7 MPG. At first, I thought the computer was wrong for showing ~280 miles at a full tank. Unfortunately, it's starting to feel accurate (12.7 x 21 = 266)

I am at 1,116 miles. About 500 of it are highway miles, the rest city. Averaging 16.3 MPG and I keep it in Sport mode most of the time. Filling up with 93 octane each time. I got mine back on May 10th before all the holds and stuff went into place.

18.5 consistently in mixed conditions (65 miles highway/city mix). My 2022 GX does about 20.5 in exactly the same trip and conditions 😔. As a bonus...my fuel gauge had 27 miles left, put 16.5 gal of gas, meaning the reserve should be large, and the total range should be around 360miles with this mpg.

Wish I had a larger tank as well. Drove about 700 miles...system says 14.7. Filled up 4 or 5 times already.

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Comfort

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Normal

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)